Another Langin PC topic, this time not a problem

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Langin, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Langin
    OP

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    First of all, I hope after all the stuff you did for me(which I really appreciate, thanks for all the help! <3) I want to reset my computer to factory settings..! I am done with this Dell Shit, I removed one thing I didn't need, and now my PC is kinda fucked up.

How can I restore my PC to factory settings? So I can make a clean start with Windows 8 only and that I can make a fresh start?

I want that my HDD is wiped out completely, I have a backup for the case something happens.

Another question, I have a SSD drive, great stuff and all, but I have a question, I accidentally corrupted Windows on the SSD, and now I cannot use my SSD anymore... Is there a way I can wipe it out without a computer? or with my PC, one thing, I cannot run anything else then some system tools which can't help.

Any ideas? I can open up my laptop if needed.

2. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Stick in a Win 8 install CD and delete any partitions of the SSD or format it completely.
    Then proceed to install ;]

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    For a clean start without the bloatware and BS modifications, you'll need a CLEAN, UNTOUCHED, ORIGINAL Microsoft Windows install disc. Then do as DS said.
    The restore partition that comes with computers will just re-install the setup the machine came with, as will any modified "OS install disc" things included with it.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    What DinohScene said and what Rydian said. We can get a lot more complex if you like but that way works well and getting complex probably will not do you much good.

However "I removed one thing I didn't need"
    If you followed some of the methods you were linked to last time many of those will have been checkboxes to disable it rather than outright remove it so you can probably put it back on. Similarly if it was an off the shelf affair you might be able to find those entries (either online somewhere or if they were Dell files then from the dell site- it does have an awful lot) and files you removed and put it back in order.

5. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    Also, if you don't have a Windows CD just download an ISO off the web and use your key probably stuck somewhere on your case.

6. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I sometimes use DBAN for such requests, followed by a prompt installation of an OS of the customer's choice (W7, W8 or one of the many colourful varieties of Linux). There's something... romantic about the term "nuking" that makes them happier in the end. Followed by a "clean install" to get them up and running again.

7. Langin
    OP

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Right, I used my W7 disc, and look now! My SSD works great! ;D

And I have a clean version of Windows 7, so no Dell crap ;3

Thanks all! ^-^

Next up is Windows 8 ;p

8. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Aye welcomes~