another dev praising the 3DS' graphical power

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by lostdwarf, Sep 16, 2010.

1. lostdwarf
    OP

lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 2, 2008
    ENGLAND
    I read about Giest earlier this week but found this quote from the developer which made me smile somewhat:

Newman was asked whether Winter would be ‘technically possible on the 3DS’. His response;

“The 3DS is really powerful, just going beyond the 3D screen side of it — what it can do in terms of pushing polygons and using advanced texture shaders. It’s really no secret how strong of a system it is.

“Everything we did with the Wii demo of Winter would absolutely work on that system. And there’s a lot more you can do, especially with a game like that, a survival-horror game in 3D. I mean, I can think of 10 ideas off the top off my head right now.”

http://aussie-gamer.com/nintendo-3ds-may-b...gamecube-ports/

2. MADKATZ99

MADKATZ99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2005
    AUS
    Pretty sure I've seen this posted somewhere else too; it's good news. I was pretty dissapointed with the DS.. Judging by SM64 I thought all games were going to be epic and have awesome graphics but I was wrong... A lot of games were, but I was still expecting it to be a little more powerful [​IMG] Don't want to get too excited again [​IMG]

3. pachura

pachura GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2006
    What a moron. If it's not a secret, then where are the specs ?

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    You're confusing "strength" with "exact numbers".

Strength is a relative term.

5. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    gots to take issue with that, way back when, there was DS Tony Hawk Sk8land vs PSP THUG 2, DS version actually came out on top framerate-wise. For such old specs, there are some good graphics. Here's a good recent top 10 DS graphics list