Another day another bricked wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by brb286, Nov 25, 2008.

Nov 25, 2008
  1. brb286
    OP

Newcomer brb286 Newbie

United States
    All righty folks looks like we have another bad case of a banner bricked wii due to a corrupted .wad file.
    I've read extensively the other threads about this problem such as http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=117962
    The problem for me, however, is that I don't have a modchip of any kind, nor any fall back safeguard app such as Starfall or the like. I pretty much only have HBC and Wad Manager so I'm pretty sure I have an unfixable bricked wii. Would it be safe to send my wii in to Nintendo to get it fixed? After reading http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=117...t=0&start=0 it sounds like they won't fix it but would it be worth to try? What will they do just send back the bricked wii? This isn't the first time I had to send in my wii, the first time Nintendo just replaced me with a completely new wii, although then it had nothing to do with homebrew and .wads- just a genuine faulty system.

I'm running Wii System Menu 3.3Uv2 so I don't believe ordering a modchip will help. The one thing I haven't tried is savemii but I doubt that will do me any good due to no Twilight Hack.

I am fully prepared to pay for repairs I just want to know if they will even do that if I have HBC. Thanks for your help.

2. Arm the Homeless

Member Arm the Homeless Custom Title

United States
    I'd think you're kinda screwed.

And yes, Nintendo will repair your Wii with HBC installed. They even left a modchip alone in their repairs.

3. brb286
    OP

Newcomer brb286 Newbie

United States
    Thats a relief that they will still fix it. do you know if it will cost money or anything since the warranty is void?

4. darktehnub

Newcomer darktehnub Advanced Member

United States
    of course it'll cost money...

5. Arm the Homeless

Member Arm the Homeless Custom Title

United States
    I think the cost is $70 or so.

6. Beatchu

Member Beatchu GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Too much phazon in the wad...
    Oh no I didn't

Wait for it to auto-vent, then install it again. lol

7. skunk123punk

Newcomer skunk123punk Member

United Kingdom
    Hi brb286,

Which WAD bricked your Wii, and was it compressed (Zip/Rar). I can't believe Wad files are still being posted without the safety net of a container such as the simple Zip or Rar, it is far better to find out the file is corrupt when you attempt to decompress the file rather than when you end up with a bricked Wii.

SkUnK

8. zerof

Member zerof GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Do tell, I think it might be helpful to others to know what you downloaded that caused this.

9. brb286
    OP

Newcomer brb286 Newbie

United States
    @ Beatchu lol damn phazon!

@skunk123punk & zerof

I tried to make my own .wad by rom injection >_> not very smart I know probably should of stuck with safe wads

10. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    If you tamper with wads you should have a fallback, really. So after Nintendo repaired your console and you decide to try again (the time will proabably come [​IMG] ) be sure that your Wii is on 3.2 Starfall and the twilight hack is installed.

11. brb286
    OP

Newcomer brb286 Newbie

United States
    @Slowking yeah I really don't know what I was thinking I am usually pretty cautious to what I do to my Wii. I'll be better prepared next time [​IMG]