Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.0 “OMEGA” PRIVATE BETA

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the beta download there is a quick guide which shows 128gb sd card with exFAT and 32gb card with Fat32 . Can we format a 32gb card with exFat to get 4gb games on it?Or is there a minimum size limit on exFat format?
It might not be natively available in Windows/whatever OS you're using, but you can format it with a program if it doesn't work.

linkfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the beta download there is a quick guide which shows 128gb sd card with exFAT and 32gb card with Fat32 . Can we format a 32gb card with exFat to get 4gb games on it?Or is there a minimum size limit on exFat format?

Also can we use exfat + emunand on the same card?
A small updated bug list on the first post would be great so people can see the problems and maybe links to the solutions if there are any.

exFAT is for the microSD that goes in the Gateway Red Card while the emuNAND is stored in the 3DS SD, so your question makes no sense. Unless you're referring to formatting the internal SD as exFAT in which I case there's simply no benefit and probably no native support in the 3DS either.

Also: http://www.ntfs.com/exfat-comparison.htm
Google is your friend.

darky2003

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
just one more question; i succesfully upgraded to 2.0 beta,
when i enter store it asks for update.

Is it safe to update from the systemmenu in GWmode to the latest firmware?
i know its not safe to update from the store.

Just to be sure i won't screw things up ;-)
(din't want to read all 49 pages)

lozislove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been answered or I'm just doing something wrong. But when I go to the Nintendo DS Profile and hold L, it takes me straight into Gateway mode, instead of letting me choose it. I wanted to backup some games but all it does is instant Gateway mode. Is this normal? lol.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry if this has been answered or I'm just doing something wrong. But when I go to the Nintendo DS Profile and hold L, it takes me straight into Gateway mode, instead of letting me choose it. I wanted to backup some games but all it does is instant Gateway mode. Is this normal? lol.
I think they now reversed how pressing L works: now pressing nothing will take you to the GW menu, instead of the other way around. At least according to videos nobody had to press anything to bring up the menu.

Sparticus515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I think if you have the gateway card inserted it will take you straight into gateway mode but if you dont the menu will come up.

falcon212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
just one more question; i succesfully upgraded to 2.0 beta,
when i enter store it asks for update.

Is it safe to update from the systemmenu in GWmode to the latest firmware?
i know its not safe to update from the store.

Just to be sure i won't screw things up ;-)
(din't want to read all 49 pages)

Yes it safe to update from the settings menu (make sure you see the text GW3D beside the firmware number) - in fact i just updated my emuNAND to the newest firmware 7.1.0-16

lozislove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not having the card in worked. :) thanks for the replies! Although attempting to back up Sonic Generations I keep getting an error. Might try with a different game later. Anyone else get weird lines on both screens when entering Gateway mode sometimes?

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To quote my own post again:

"OK, I followed it."

It's still not working. Am I meant to be seeing a new menu after launching launcher.dat through DS profile? Is there a special way to launch games?

Launcher.dat needs to go on the SD card not the red card

gix222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not having the card in worked. :) thanks for the replies! Although attempting to back up Sonic Generations I keep getting an error. Might try with a different game later. Anyone else get weird lines on both screens when entering Gateway mode sometimes?

yes, i hd those lines, just like it was on 2.01b, 2times i got even freeze console black screen.

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm glad to see on the site it now says:
we will be moving from private beta to public release in the next 24 to 48 hours.

real_vs_fake_1.jpg

AdamToTheApple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha indeed. The owner of the pictures should had placed brick code in it :P joke. And i sent them an email to [email protected] about the same problem as adam .(no answers yet unless it's a different mail i actually had to send it)

Great, I'm glad I'm not alone. I sent them an email as well, hopefully well see a fix in the final.

Argona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. Will saves from the 2.0b2 firmware be supported in omega? I'm thirty hours in Bravely Default and I don't want to lose my progress!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Might have some lidelle fanart as later profile pictures