Homebrew [ANNOUNCE] Yellows8 has updated the 3ds_browserhax_common to support >=9.9 O3DS, n3DS

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
The boot.3dsx isn't the payload. The payload loads boot.3dsx.
OH ok, the Otherapp payload. That makes sense, sorry for the confusion.
That said, now I realise what's going on this sounds like it'll be a big improvement. No more downloading a payload every time should speed things up.

Last edited by ~Poke~,
Reactions: teampleb

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah, I was just trying to figure out if there's a way to autoload a .dat like, say, rxtools.dat. <_<

Autoloading CFW would be great.

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some problems with the themehax.

ftBRONY works
blagSnes works
yeti3DS works
RegionFree launcher works

Asteroids 3D doesn't work
CitrAGB doesn't work
GameYob doesn't work
WhackMania doesn't work

I think that homebrews that are large don't work.
(those ones that with ironhax gave a blue screen when loading like when loading ironhax)

attachment.php

Also it froze to the "garbage" screen once. This sometimes happens with ironhax too.(whitescreen)
Yeah, I can't get any of the RetroArch emulators to launch with Themehax. Browserhax is working fine though.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
I still can't make it work even with the correct payload in place (named browserhax_hblauncher_payload.bin)
I even tried clearing the browser save data since that was mentioned in the readme.
Also, the 3ds_browserhax_common readme says it will automatically download the payload if it's not found, so it doesn't seem like that was my issue in the first place.

Last edited by ~Poke~,

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still can't make it work even with the correct payload in place :/
I even tried clearing the browser save data since that was mentioned in the readme.
Also, the 3ds_browserhax_common readme says it will automatically download the payload if it's not found, so it doesn't seem like that was my issue in the first place.
I don't know what's wrong then. I haven't had it fail yet. What version are you on?

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know what's wrong then. I haven't had it fail yet. What version are you on?
10.1.0-27E New 3ds. I only updated to 10.1 about 18 hours ago so perhaps Nintendo snuck some changes in? That doesn't sound likely though.
My user agent is Mozilla/5.0 (New Nintendo 3DS like iPhone) AppleWebKit/536.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) NX/3.0.0.5.15 Mobile NintendoBrowser/1.3.10126.EU
That is listed, so I guess the browser is the same (really it was unlikely to be different but I'm just making sure!)

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10.1.0-27E New 3ds. I only updated to 10.1 about 18 hours ago so perhaps Nintendo snuck some changes in? That doesn't sound likely though.
My user agent is Mozilla/5.0 (New Nintendo 3DS like iPhone) AppleWebKit/536.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) NX/3.0.0.5.15 Mobile NintendoBrowser/1.3.10126.EU
That is listed, so I guess the browser is the same (really it was unlikely to be different but I'm just making sure!)
No, I'm on 10.1.0-27U. It works fine. Try entering this: http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried both auto and direct, no luck.
I'm gonna go eat, maybe something will come up later.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope, I just fixed it! I reset my theme to default and now it works.
I guess a shuffle theme interferes somehow? That's a shame.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this userland-only regardless of version, or would a <9.2 system still have full kernal access? I'm just thinking that once the homebrew-size issue gets fixed with themehax, it would be cool if we could remove the "hold L" step, and load directly into a CFW. (Doubt that it'll happen, but I'm excited that this is the closest we've gotten to instant-booting homebrew.)

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this userland-only regardless of version, or would a <9.2 system still have full kernal access? I'm just thinking that once the homebrew-size issue gets fixed with themehax, it would be cool if we could remove the "hold L" step, and load directly into a CFW. (Doubt that it'll happen, but I'm excited that this is the closest we've gotten to instant-booting homebrew.)
It's userland only. These are basically Ninjhax 2.x.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's userland only. These are basically Ninjhax 2.x.
*sigh* Oh well. I understand the significance to this, but when all your homebrew apps are already in .CIA format (and when the .CIA versions of stuff like RetroArch works the best), it's not all that useful. Shame, I love the convenience to this. Well, it's still a wonderful thing for the people with 9.3+ versions that can only use Ninjhax 2.0, but I guess I'm still stuck with my Cubic Ninja card.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, CHMM2 shuffle prevents browserhax from working. A single theme from CHMM2 is fine, and Nintendo shuffle is fine (though I only have 1 full theme to put in it so perhaps more would cause problems?)

I'll go mention this in that thread.

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, CHMM2 shuffle prevents browserhax from working. A single theme from CHMM2 is fine, and Nintendo shuffle is fine (though I only have 1 full theme to put in it so perhaps more would cause problems?)

I'll go mention this in that thread.
I have a CHMM2 theme installed and it works fine. :P

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a CHMM2 theme installed and it works fine. :P
Yep, one is ok. Only shuffle causes issues (at least for me).
There's another issue where bgm gets cut off in shuffle if it's too big, so I guess there's still some progress to be made with it.

Actually, I might have been too quick to blame. Nintendo shuffle with sonic boom and red made it fall, but it worked on retry. Maybe it's less reliable with more theme data? idk.

Last edited by ~Poke~,
Reactions: teampleb

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish this would at least allow for spider ar stuff. There are so many cool things that can be done but by the time I knew what was going on on older firmwares I had already updated beyond any of the "good" exploits.

Reactions: Konako

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm on the seefood diet... So far I've gained 30 pounds