AniWave, FMovies and other streaming/pirate sites shut down for good

CoolMe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Several major pirate streaming sites, including Fmovies, were abruptly taken offline in mid-June 2024, leading to the loss of billions of visits in just a few hours. The exact reasons behind these shutdowns remain unclear, though speculation points to potential legal actions or internal issues. Many associated sites have also gone down or changed domains, leaving users and even site administrators in the dark about the sudden collapse. This has created a vacuum that other sites may attempt to fill, though the legitimacy of these replacements is uncertain.

aniwave-goodbye-1536x731.jpg

fboxdown.jpg

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Good lord.. Even half of those going under would be a tremendous loss to the community. Getting the recent "emulator purge" vibes here..
I think they attack Cloudflare more than the sites themselves. Some of them will just probably pop up in like Russia or Panama.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they attack Cloudflare more than the sites themselves. Some of them will just probably pop up in like Russia or Panama.
Many movie/tv show sites out there go with similar names and they're clones of each other, once the Feds/authorities figure out where the source is (the servers) of the streams they're using (which is the same), it's only gonna be a matter of time.
Some anime/manga sites do this as well.

CoolMe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My pirate sites weren’t hit, so I good
I haven't use these in a while.. i too have other more secure? methods for streaming.
Though the thing is, casuals gonna be on the lookout for alternatives if their fav site was taken down, and if they can't find any worthwhile ones they might find out about what we're using because other idiots keep shouting about how good it is on YT vids or else. That i don't want.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Meanwhile, Real Debrid avoids DMCA and lawsuits even though they're literally a warez host.
Huh, they're hosted in France. I'm actually very surprised they haven't been killed then, but I guess they can use the defense that they're just a downloader, not actually a hoster and it's not up to them what people download.

Reactions: CoolMe

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Huh, they're hosted in France. I'm actually very surprised they haven't been killed then, but I guess they can use the defense that they're just a downloader, not actually a hoster and it's not up to them what people download.
I'm not sure it would hold up in court that "you need a link to a file in order to download it" since they're still storing the entire Internet of warez on servers somewhere.
I'm sure their servers do get taken down, but they can just make new ones. Sooner or later there is going to be a TPB-level raid on the owners, if they can find them that is...

CoolMe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure it would hold up in court that "you need a link to a file in order to download it" since they're still storing the entire Internet of warez on servers somewhere.
It works (theoretically) similar to other file hosting sites, like Mega and the like. And that (Mega) still exists and is still going strong somehow, even if its used to store copyrighted material etc. They have plausible deniability in that sense.
I'm sure their servers do get taken down, but they can just make new ones. Sooner or later there is going to be a TPB-level raid on the owners, if they can find them that is...
The good thing with RD is that it's a subscription service, if it was for free that'll sure backfire on the owners sooner or later, as it gets tremendous publicity & user traffic, and we all know that's bad.

Ravonies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently no one learned from the past, when you kill one of these sites, 2 - 10 more pop up in their place... and then you start a Arms Race.

Till there is a "Get everything here for $2.99/mo with no ads or gimics" there will be next to no mercy.

If it was me, I would try going through legal channels to make a "Asian Culture Preservation Site" that can acquire everything legally, and allow the public to access it. Say the reasoning is like Katanas, they are part of the culture and the reason we preserve them is like preserving art, so the future generations don't forget.

• Wow
Reactions: eternal and CoolMe

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good.

Are you even a pirate if you don't use torrents? No, you're a leech. A stupid, ignorant, filthy leech.

Join a private tracker and start seeding. You won't regret it.

(For legal reasons, I have to specify that I meant everything in this post to do in Minecraft)
So the people who donate with monero/bitcoin/other forms of currency on sites, torrent and otherwise, without seeding arent anything worth noting? got it. 🙄
Think outside of your box for a moment and see if you could assume that other folks have different environments on how they access the internet and have to take different precautions. Sometimes even private seeding isnt worth it.

I haven't use these in a while.. i too have other more secure? methods for streaming.
Though the thing is, casuals gonna be on the lookout for alternatives if their fav site was taken down, and if they can't find any worthwhile ones they might find out about what we're using because other idiots keep shouting about how good it is on YT vids or else. That i don't want.
While I do agree somewhat with the last comment: "we dont want new folks shouting to the virtual heavens about where they found free content", everyone has to start somewhere.
I personally believe all information should be free and available to everyone and its up to them if they find a way to look it up/search for it.
It also shouldnt be locked behind private areas like discord which is a black hole, and other similar discussion type platforms.

However this information should be handled smartly in a, "read the room(world)" type of thought process too. Obviously the people who are working their arses off to make money dont want their works given away for free, but then again the folks in less fortunate countries currency wise could never afford to see said works anyways so its a thin line type topic.

To share the info or not, where will the newbs go and learn from the older folks, or in general? A slippery, slip'n'slide topic to say the least... 🤔 :teach: :toot:
on the flip side if you got the funds pay when you can...lol if only there were demos for everything except food obviously. :rofl2:

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you pay for pirated media you’re just a dumbass.
I dont want to turn this into a war, but I do have a question for you.
Have you ever provided anything to the "scene" without just seeding.

And to add on to that idea I mean, have you done the work of either hacking and or encoding media/uploading it to provide for random people with your limited time in this dimension/world/universe?
I mean... as they say time is valuable, it could even be considered money in some thought processes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That game maybe too violent for your granny tho. Better get Barbies Dream house instead.