• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jlsyber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol. I agree with you that they have made waay to many Naruto and Bleach eppisodes. Whenever I go to Japan I will watch the odd episode but I don't really know what's happening as I don't really follow Naruto.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have found how you like anime will be impacted by who you get to enjoy it with.

For instance, I am a member of MAL, but, I consider MAL The Laters Years (one of the sites clubs) to be all there is to MAL. Thus, if you are under 30, and a member of MAL, you don't exist, your reviews don't exist and you might not even encounter me over there. I only hang out with the club, and the club is all that there is there. We discuss the shows amongst ourselves and we only care for the opinions of our members.

It makes a difference enjoying the stuff (anime) as seen by people our own age.

I couldn't care less what a reviewer on ANN has to say about a show. Anime on the internet for me, is MAL The Later Years and sources like animesuki and nothing else for the most part.

I watch the stuff with a few local friends all close to my age range.
Among my anime friends I have a friend that is a well paid bouncer, a friend that is merely as big as a football linebacker, another friend that is basically my computer expert of choice and another who is admittedly just a typical skilled tradesman. None of us look like anime fans to look at us. Most are over 6 feet and over 250 pounds 350 in the case of two hehe. You wouldn't live long laughing at them
smile.gif

I have one late 30s female anime local friend who occasionally joins us.

But thanks to MAL The Later Years I get to talk shop with a lot of female fans of anime my age too.

If you watch several shows every day, you are still capable of being 'just a fan', it's whether you have no life outside of anime that you might have a problem.

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Elfen Lied.
Not for kiddies.
But it's awesome.
Best show I've ever seen.
Other notable series are:
FLCL, Coyboy Bebop, xXx HOLiC, Resort Boin (Whaaaaaaaaaat?) I kid... kinda... Uhhh, wut else... TTGL, GitS, Durarara!!, FMA, plenty more.
Not Bleach, not Naruto, not One Piece.
Get it right people.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
bnwchbammer said:
Elfen Lied.
Not for kiddies.
But it's awesome.
Best show I've ever seen.
Other notable series are:
FLCL, Coyboy Bebop, xXx HOLiC, Resort Boin (Whaaaaaaaaaat?) I kid... kinda... Uhhh, wut else... TTGL, GitS, Durarara!!, FMA, plenty more.
Not Bleach, not Naruto, not One Piece.
Get it right people.

I hear ya brother
mthrnitesmiley.gif

D

Deleted User

Yeah love anime ^^. Series I watch and/or finished: FMA, death note, elfen leid, nagaserete airantou, he is my master, haruhi suzumiya, hellsing, gunslinger girl, chobits, ikki tousen
rolleyes.gif

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MgARBITER said:
Anime fans unite! I love anime. In all its forms. I want to know who else here is a Anime fan and your fave anime. Mine is Eureka Seven. Great great anime. Has everything all in a good 50 episode wrap up. Still would have loved another season though. If u put no...then..you are missing out!

Excellent choice, my friend. Used to be my favorite, got topped by Clannad.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I love anime but don't watch a lot of it, guess I don't have the time. My favorite by far is Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor. I realize it ain't everyone's cup of tea but I grew up watching the old ones and am a big fan of masked/armored super heroes so that could be one of the reasons I love it when many others don't. Also some of the manga fans weren't impressed but I don't expect most, if not all adaptations to surpass their source material (though this is one of the most accurate I've seen excluding the more modern style artwork present in more of today's anime).

KDH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I'm a fan recently got into it again, after not having watched any since DBZ as a kid.

I think my favorite of the ones I've watched so far is probably GUNxSWORD. I also liked DBZ (still), Naruto, Death Note, Claymore (until the crap ending anyway), Cowboy Bebop, and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

Conor

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I watch Haruhi suzumiya, Gurren Lagaan, kuroshitsuji, Death note (kind of...enjoyed the manga more), Elfen lied, Darker than black, Code geass, higurashi no naku koro ni...
More that I thought actually.

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like anime, I have for the past few years. I have a bunch of favorites but when someone asks, I generally say Death Note because that's the one that got me into hardcore anime watching. But I also really enjoyed Clannad, Code Geass, Welcome to the NHK, and I'm currently watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. Loving every second of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.