ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

deannacho

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this has already come up but I moved my train station/crossing acre one to the left, made sure everything lined up exactly as it had been in its original spot and moved the stairs in the map editor as well, however when I load in game it LOOKS fine and you can go through but on my map the stairs are still in the original spot and when I come back from Main St. I drop off a cliff into town where the stairs used to be (and still show on that map). I was wondering if this is a bug or if the stair MUST be in the centre acre (if so, maybe put that in the FAQ). Thanks in advance!

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
i do have that problem as well i'm pretty sure its a bug.
It's not a bug, it's made on purpose since I don't know how the game would react.
Anyway, I've removed the header check so you should be able to put your TPC pic. But again, I can't guarantee it will work. Please tell me what happens in-game when you put your previously invalid JPG files.

I'm having the same problem as @osakasys. If I change the campsite villager, it's immediately reverted back when I load the game.

If this feature doesn't work in 1.5, is there any other way to restore/add a villager?
Should be fixed now, thank you :-)

this link doesnt work for me http://www.marcrobledo.com/apps/acnl-editor/acnl_save_manager.zip
it keeps coming up saying page not found

Also the remove all weeds and the individual click the item, remove all, isn't working for me either.
Everything fixed. Link in help file fixed.

Maxouille

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not a bug, it's made on purpose since I don't know how the game would react.
Anyway, I've removed the header check so you should be able to put your TPC pic. But again, I can't guarantee it will work. Please tell me what happens in-game when you put your previously invalid JPG files.

Should be fixed now, thank you :-)

Everything fixed. Link in help file fixed.
Yes its working :lol: thx

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's just not accepting my image for the TPC regardless of how much I compress it. The thing has the right dimensions and is 1.61 KB now.

tpc-min.jpg

Alszem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found a few bugs:

-I tried to replace Redd's tent by Katrina's tent and it didn't work.
-The "fill encyclopedia" option didn't fill my sea creatures encyclopedia completely. I'm still missing the octopus. I caught it afterwards, but it didn't appear in my encyclopedia.

Jouzai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the editor looking like this to anyone else? Don't know if that is intentional or not. Also sometimes the slider on buildings will overlap on the map. This is on both firefox and chrome btw. Nothing of an issue as far as hacking in stuff goes. More like UI related.

Attachments

• acnl.PNG
    acnl.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 412

Mhx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's an interesting bug, although since there are almost 300 pages of comments, someone may have already answered this.
So, the editor works great. However, I changed my river, and now the grass feature no longer works.
Revive grass and kill grass do nothing. Originally, they would work, but be back to normal if I changed my house with Nook.
Now, the feature doesn't seem to do anything. Also, even if I delete all the buried items, rocks, weeds, and flowers,
they all reappear and new ones show up in random places in the town, even if I have over 6 rocks already, and beautiful town.
Another interesting glitch is on a very rare occasion, I'll find an animal walking on the beach, even though they shouldn't be able
to get down there, right? Seashells never stay deleted, either. I'm talking about same day, not the next day. I'll mess around
with the town a bit, play normally for a while, maybe upgrade my house, add a new person, see if it works after time travelling
a few days, or switching to a different town ordinance and back to beautiful town. I make a new backup every edit, so I can go
all the way back to 1.24.17 or my original unhacked save, if any corruption becomes too serious.

Is the editor looking like this to anyone else? Don't know if that is intentional or not. Also sometimes the slider on buildings will overlap on the map. This is on both firefox and chrome btw. Nothing of an issue as far as hacking in stuff goes. More like UI related.

I've been getting that, too. It might be why I'm having grass and ground bugs lately.

Last edited by Mhx,

SquidgyBean

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this has already come up but I moved my train station/crossing acre one to the left, made sure everything lined up exactly as it had been in its original spot and moved the stairs in the map editor as well, however when I load in game it LOOKS fine and you can go through but on my map the stairs are still in the original spot and when I come back from Main St. I drop off a cliff into town where the stairs used to be (and still show on that map). I was wondering if this is a bug or if the stair MUST be in the centre acre (if so, maybe put that in the FAQ). Thanks in advance!
Also having same problem

Mhx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also having same problem
My problem is that even though I haven't moved the railroad crossing arms, they show up in game on the map lower and to the right,
even though in game, they're in the right spot. However, the spot on the map, if a villager is following you, they think you're going
to main street, even though I'm nowhere near the crossing arms.

Another thing: MISSING ITEM
The Acnl Editor is missing the shoes "Mary Janes".
I was looking for them for a while, and checked MoriDB to make sure I spelled everything correctly.
They aren't in the editor list. You might be missing more items than that. Would be a good time to check the list with MoriDB.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Another thing: MISSING ITEM
The Acnl Editor is missing the shoes "Mary Janes".
I was looking for them for a while, and checked MoriDB to make sure I spelled everything correctly.
They aren't in the editor list. You might be missing more items than that. Would be a good time to check the list with MoriDB.
It's not missing any item. Some item names are different in USA/UK.

It's just not accepting my image for the TPC regardless of how much I compress it. The thing has the right dimensions and is 1.61 KB now.

View attachment 77227
It's working for me. Are you sure you are using the latest version?

I found a few bugs:

-I tried to replace Redd's tent by Katrina's tent and it didn't work.
-The "fill encyclopedia" option didn't fill my sea creatures encyclopedia completely. I'm still missing the octopus. I caught it afterwards, but it didn't appear in my encyclopedia.
The game will always replace the plaza building with the current event, so you cannot replace the current plaza building.

Yes I know the fill encyclopedia doesn't work as expected. I didn't want to add it because it had never been tested nor proved it wasn't risky, I just yield the field to those users that complained and even demanded that option of me. And if I remove it now, then I'll get complains once again so I give up.

Yes, I added a simple grass deteroration viewer. I'll fix a few bits here and there so it shows up correctly.
However, I changed my river, and now the grass feature no longer works. Revive grass and kill grass do nothing. [...] Now, the feature doesn't seem to do anything.
The grass deterioration it's a very risky function since it's overwriting a lot of unknown bytes (again, I didn't want to add it until someone figured how it works).
Also, even if I delete all the buried items, rocks, weeds, and flowers, they all reappear and new ones show up in random places in the town, even if I have over 6 rocks already, and beautiful town. Seashells never stay deleted, either. I'm talking about same day, not the next day
Are you use are you using the latest version? (3rd Feb)
Another interesting glitch is on a very rare occasion, I'll find an animal walking on the beach, even though they shouldn't be able to get down there, right?
They can get there indeed.

Reactions: SiriYuta

Mhx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, you answered all my questions, guess I'll do a bit of research on item names.
As for the version, I use the online version, so whatever that is on.
I messed around like I said I would, added a new person, upgraded their house, and the
grass feature worked again, (Temporarily, since it reverts to normal the next day)
and the removal of items, flowers, shells, and rocks worked, except one pesky rock
that keeps randomly appearing around the map. Maybe instead of deleting it, I'll
chuck the rock in the river or something, and see if it stays.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but are there any plans for a weather modifier?
Something that lets you have like aurora borealis in the sky all day in the summer with
rose petals? Probably something better suited for an NTR Plugin, but it would be nice
to have christmas light trees, cherry blossom trees, and the illuminated pwp's fixed
to stay a constant all year round. Like I said, probably better for NTR. The map editor
is generally temporary, until you save and quit.

Oh, also, is there any possible way to force trees or bushes off screen?
I deleted a chunk of unused mountain for 2 extra acres, and added an island
for O'Hare's house and a lighthouse, but you can't sit there, since you and animals
get stuck off map. You also can't dig. Can you force a tree or bush with a coordinate
address? If not, that's understandable. Thanks for making the editor. My town is
completely changed, 100% unrecognizable.

KickAzz6317

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find this a really useful tool, made the perfect town with it, but as for the save manager and svdt, will there be a CIA file for it in the future one day? I ask because with homebrew being shutdown temporarily for users on 11.3, they wont be able to use it. I can still use this just fine since i have a spare 11.2 3ds but i feel having this in CIA form will be much more handy in the future since Nintendo is determined on tackling homebrew exploits.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find this a really useful tool, made the perfect town with it, but as for the save manager and svdt, will there be a CIA file for it in the future one day? I ask because with homebrew being shutdown temporarily for users on 11.3, they wont be able to use it. I can still use this just fine since i have a spare 11.2 3ds but i feel having this in CIA form will be much more handy in the future since Nintendo is determined on tackling homebrew exploits.
There is a CIA save manager. It's called JKSM and it's been out for several months now. :/

Reactions: RyDog

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: In the early morning I got a fever and on top of that I can't stop thinking about killing...