ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

daddu3

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So removing of weeds doesn't work for me when using the editor and going back to the game, they're still there. What's going on?

U You

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi, I changed the house exterior with this editor. Specifically speaking, I use it to change house fences.
However, in the next morning, the changed fence will turn to another kind of fence.
This is so weird. Is it a bug or something?
Hope you can help me. Cheers.

r0ttenpeaches

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I would just like a small bit of clarification. I apologize if this is something obvious but I just wanted to make sure.

I have a downgraded 3DS internet browser however because there is no longer support for the RAM dumping method, I can no longer use the older exploit to dump a dream address, correct?

I have a dream address I wanted to dump but without the RAM dumping method is this now impossible?

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@marc_max
Just wanted you to know, (not sure if this is a bug) you can't place or add in your inventory any of the 4 lost items (book, pouch, bag, mitten).
the game is coded to throw away a lost item that isn't attached to a resident. This way if yo uhave a lost item but the villager it belongs to moves away, you're not stuck with it forever.

Hello, I would just like a small bit of clarification. I apologize if this is something obvious but I just wanted to make sure.

I have a downgraded 3DS internet browser however because there is no longer support for the RAM dumping method, I can no longer use the older exploit to dump a dream address, correct?

I have a dream address I wanted to dump but without the RAM dumping method is this now impossible?

Correct. The way to do it now would be to hack the old browser back into your 3DS, but none of the tools for the RAM dump currently support the amiibo update, afaik

Last edited by TidusWulf,

mrbosshead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game is coded to throw away a lost item that isn't attached to a resident. This way if yo uhave a lost item but the villager it belongs to moves away, you're not stuck with it forever.

Correct. The way to do it now would be to hack the old browser back into your 3DS, but none of the tools for the RAM dump currently support the amiibo update, afaik
So basically, you can't add lost items into the game via save editor?

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically, you can't add lost items into the game via save editor?
I think, and Marc can correct me on this, you can add the item to your save, but by loading the save in ACNL, the game will wipe it from your inventory since you can't drop it or sell it. Or maybe Marc just removed them from the editor to prevent issues down the road with save corruption. Dunno. But it's for the best that you don't use them, really.

Last edited by TidusWulf,

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I think, and Marc can correct me on this, you can add the item to your save, but by loading the save in ACNL, the game will wipe it from your inventory since you can't drop it or sell it. Or maybe Marc just removed them from the editor to prevent issues down the road with save corruption. Dunno. But it's for the best that you don't use them, really.
Some items are locked (cannot be placed/removed) for security reasons. A few users were using them to mess other players savegames. They even tried to suborn me to be able to hack those items again (yeah, really).
Maybe Nintendo fixed that on Welcome Amiibo (haven't checked), but just in case, I'll leave it as it is. We cannot stop those people who have fun just by ruining other legit players, but at least we will slow down those who are dumb and lazy and cannot do it by simple hex editing.

Reactions: Jubash

Madison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but will there ever be a way to make dirt paths in the ram editor? Thank you for all of your hard work! :D

Daisies4darcy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I could really use some help! I just hacked my town for the first time using the save editor and almost everything went smoothly. I chose "unlock all PWPs" and when I loaded my game up, the only PWPs that were on my list in town hall were the train station and town hall renovations, plus Katrina's shop. Where'd all the PWPs go?? I injected my old save file back into the game and the PWP list got even shorter! So now I'm running my old town with hardly any PWPs on the list in town hall. Anything I can do?

NeonNinjaCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I could really use some help! I just hacked my town for the first time using the save editor and almost everything went smoothly. I chose "unlock all PWPs" and when I loaded my game up, the only PWPs that were on my list in town hall were the train station and town hall renovations, plus Katrina's shop. Where'd all the PWPs go?? I injected my old save file back into the game and the PWP list got even shorter! So now I'm running my old town with hardly any PWPs on the list in town hall. Anything I can do?
If you have powersaves you could try messing with that, are you on the welcome amiibo update? Also try "unlock all pwps" again if that dosent work then idk

Last edited by NeonNinjaCat,

Daisies4darcy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have powersaves you could try messing with that, are you on the welcome amiibo update? Also try "unlock all pwps" again if that dosent work then idk
OMG I just figured it out and it actually has nothing to do with the hacking I did at all and now I feel really silly. Apparently when you reach 30 PWPs Isabelle takes them off your list because that's the cap. I had no idea that yesterday I had finished my 30th PWP and it just so happens that a day later I decided I wanted to hack my game for the first time. Still, I appreciate the response! lol

Maxouille

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why, when i import my custom TPC PIC with the editor, "invalid pic" appears ? Of note my image is JPG 64x104 and 3.56 Kb (3 650 bythes) (size on disk is 4,00 Ko (4 096 octets) )
Stufful.jpg

NeonNinjaCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why, when i import my custom TPC PIC with the editor, "invalid pic" appears ? Of note my image is JPG 64x104 and 3.56 Kb (3 650 bythes) (size on disk is 4,00 Ko (4 096 octets) )
View attachment 76694
i do have that problem as well i'm pretty sure its a bug.

Last edited by NeonNinjaCat,

Fence

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem as @osakasys. If I change the campsite villager, it's immediately reverted back when I load the game.

If this feature doesn't work in 1.5, is there any other way to restore/add a villager?

Last edited by Fence,

FurbsyHAX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there! I was just wondering, what do I do if my House never saves? Am I doing something wrong or would it be a glitch in the editor? Everytime I use the editor it deletes my house and just puts me at a tent. What happens with that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte