ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

mental_lentil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to test out the new alpha editor, but in case I end up corrupting my save data, will I be able to restore my town by injecting my old backup? I'm using save manager btw. Also, has anyone tested out if moving buildings still causes corruption?

Zyfie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wanted to test out the new alpha editor, but in case I end up corrupting my save data, will I be able to restore my town by injecting my old backup? I'm using save manager btw. Also, has anyone tested out if moving buildings still causes corruption?
I've just moved a metal bench and the house of one of my villagers without problems an hour ago.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That was fixed in alpha 3, I think :D

tvHead

Trophies
XP
Country
I accidentally got my save data deleted. I have a back up but whenever I try restoring it, it says "cannot use save data because it was not the last data saved".
  1. Create a new save. Yup, a new one. Keep the old save though
  2. Export the new save
  3. Open old save in editor, and click the Other tab
  4. Press the edit button on the Secure Value. It will prompt you to open a file
  5. Navigate to your new save file, and click on it to set the Secure value to it's.
  6. now save that edited file, and import it into your ACNL
  7. you should have a fixed save?

rikudawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  2. Export the new save
  5. Navigate to your new save file, and click on it to set the Secure value to it's.
I've tried this. The secure value doesn't actually end up changing. I dunno if there's some kind of problem with the site right now or what.
Just change the nand value using hex editor
I wouldn't even know where to begin with doing that.

Zyfie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
  2. Export the new save
That's what I told him but the problem there might be the
if(tempFile.fileSize==522752){
check.
The new garden_plus.dat seems to be bigger.

Reactions: marc_max

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The Marie costume is awesome but Marie Dress will give me a Cat Dress even if in the editor it appears as Marie dress! :o Tested on Alpha 4

Also ; The Save Manager app for the homebrew launcher worked at first try! Different from JKSV that most of the time it would corrupt town! :D

Last edited by SonicCloud,

Rafa_AGM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The Marie costume is awesome but Marie Dress will give me a Cat Dress even if in the editor it appears as Marie dress! :o Tested on Alpha 4

Also ; The Save Manager app for the homebrew launcher worked at first try! Different from JKSV that most of the time it would corrupt town! :D
Is the editor stable now?

Zyfie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So the problem with the secure NAND value update not working is that the changeSecureNANDValue function in acnl_editor.js only checks for the old garden.dat file size (line 2211).
The new garden_plus.dat has a size of 563968 bytes instead of 522752.
That's easily fixable and in the meantime you could redefine the function with the correct check to get it working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password