ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Stray_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello people!

I use the HB launcher. Since days I watch the save editor and am amazed. I hope I can soon edit my game as usual.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm a german User.

rikudawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just made an account to show my findings, changing villagers seems to be safe, changing the town layout seems safe (including moving campground position), placing items/removing them from the ground seems to be safe, and moving buildings corrupts the save.
haven't messed around with anything else yet. also injecting/dumping saves on 11.2 seems good too, i'm able to do it with save manager and sdvt on my non-CFW n3ds using oothax just fine.
On 11.2 with Ninjhax and can confirm this as well.

Reactions: marc_max

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alpha 3 should fix that, thank you :-)

Then, why everyone is having problems? :-/

I had problems last night, but this morning, it's working peachy, Marc

My test version is digital, and I use a original 3DS XL with 11.2 and Freakyhax to access homebrew. Yesterday, all of my saves corrupted. Today, I got it working first try.

rikudawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something I noticed is that if I switch in any of the new villagers and set them to default, nothing actually changes and they'll have the old furniture and catchphrase of the villager I made them replace. I also put the Zelda dress and Shiek pants in my storage but they didn't show up as the correct items.

Last edited by rikudawn,

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Something I noticed is that if I switch in any of the new villagers and set them to default, nothing actually changes and they'll have the old furniture and catchphrase of the villager I made them replace. I also put the Zelda dress and Shiek pants in my storage but they didn't show up as the correct items.

Do we have a datamine of the interior of the new villager's houses yet? I have edited Julia in my town, but of course, she is *always* outside.

JULIA, I CAN'T CHECK IF EVERYTHING IS CORRECT, STOP HAVING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Yeah, there is no default data yet for the new villagers.

Cortexfou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I use the alpha 3 with my eur card game. I'm on N3DS XL on CFW luma3ds 11.2.0-35E. I used saveFL (as a .cia) to modify a lot of item in my inventory and in my house and it work perfectly ! Thank you so much for the work ! :) I'm gonna check the item I got to see if they are the trues items.

EDIT : Same as @rikudawn for the zelda dress but the sheik pants are good on my game.

Last edited by Cortexfou,

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
So PASLR is not enabled for ACNL then. It was just my editor missing a checksum.
Good to know. Whenever reporting a bug, always try to give the maximum amount of information possible of what did you edit. Messages like "the savegame doesn't work after injecting, help!" don't help me.

I'm still missing one more checksum, I'm pretty sure it's linked to the island. Can anyone try to edit island acres and/or map and see if it gives the damaged data error?

akiraken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so for bug reporting @marc_max , I was editing data the NTSC-J (Japanese) version of New Leaf. The item inventory appears broken. The bells in my pocket were listed as "winning tickets" (lol), and there were other instances i.e. Tom Nook's store had corrupted items, like portraits of villagers for sale, as well as [?] unknown items. I think the items are what is causing the corruption here. Hypothetically speaking, if the items are all jumbled and loading unknown [?] items upon injection, that could be what's causing the corruption issue. Other than that, saving and exporting lead to errors that may have something to do with corruption as well.

Pastellias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so one thing I noticed is that when you try to overwrite a current villager with another, their wallpaper/umbrella change to something other than what it should be, like a bug in place of wallpaper, or a skirt in place of an umbrella. And when you open the game up while, say, Ketchup has a crab for her wallpaper and go into her house, you'll crash. And if a villager opens up an umbrella that's set as clothing they'll also crash the game when it's raining. So for now what I do to keep villagers glitch-free is to uncheck the option "Reset villager data to default", leaving the old villagers house and other etc data the same. Hope this helps some people for now <3

Reactions: CeeDee

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to add a feature to the editor that modifies the current characters at the Campground? Japan has a few villagers that are completely inaccessible outside of japan...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol