Canada
Reactions: HellaJvke

cuteveronica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah.. im just gonna wait until the save editor is fully functional. this is the 3rd time i get corrupt data and ive only tried to change the hair and eye color of my mayor. i cant even give myself bells.

Animalcrossinggirl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't hack anymore! when i insert my game to my hacked 2ds it starts my game as if it was new but when i change it to my normal 3ds it's still my hacked town help please!

HuskyXD

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone here have an old 3ds? I have this idea i want to try out. What if we downgrade the browser so spiderhax works again and then rip the dream town from acnl without the new update?

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You know... the first times y tried doing anything y edited the save right from the SD and got the checksum error and also it never did anything in game... I moved the save to the desktop and the checksum error disappeared 2 times and the changes where appearing maybe you can try that...also i never edited anything in the map exactly I just added items to my pockets try that too...
Nope ; Im still getting the error ;_; Besides file is not downloading...

HellaJvke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i tried the unlock all Public works Projects and it failed everytime :/
such a bummer. (its so tough to get NPC's to suggest good stuff)
overall this ACNl update has been fun.
new town, hopefully new full editor soon.
definitely helping to kill time before more 3ds games come out.

windwakemeupinside

Resident Gost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if you can still rip dream towns and use it as your own? I have this special nintendo dream town I want to try ripping: 0000-000F-4241

Any ideas?
Only way you'd be able to do that is using the old outdated Leaftools. If you don't have either arm9/CFW or a 3ds that hasn't been updated in over 2 years, you can't anymore.

Rion45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say that I just massively edited the acres in my town and so far it loaded up perfectly. It did tell me a few checksums were wrong, but I ignored them (to see if they do matter). Seems like it didn't matter!

Granted I'm pre-update, so that might factor in someway

Rion45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it would work as expected pre-update, that's garden.dat.
garden_plus.dat is the new one with all the problems because the offsets got changed.
Ah ok, I thought the issues people were reporting was a mixture of both garden.dat's having issues. I thought since the editor was in Alpha that it would affect the garden.dat as well. It did give me checksum errors, which never happened.

At least I can edit freely before updating. Hopefully all the issues with the offsets gets resolved soon!

Cortexfou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't know if someone said that before but the items don't have the same name in the game and the alpha editor. For exemple, some of my tools are named "pic of [villager's name]" (I use the Eur version).

Last edited by Cortexfou,

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Alpha 2 is up now.

* fixed most (not all) items offset
* no checksum errors
* storage edit
* Harvey shop edit

BTW, homebrew users that don't have a CFW should stop using the editor. I can't confirm yet, but seems they enabled PASLR, which means savegame injection is not possible.
There is people already working on fixing it, but they can't guarantee if it will be possible for now.

On the other hand, RAM support will be probably gone since you are forced to update the console in order to make the game work (losing the spider exploit). o3DS/2DS users can downgrade the browser if they use a CFW, but then they have complete access to homebrew (or even better, they can install JKSV and extract/inject savegame quickly) or the NTR plugin.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alpha 2 is up now.

* no checksum errors
* storage edit
* Harvey shop edit

BTW, homebrew users that don't have a CFW should stop using the editor. I can't confirm yet, but seems they enabled PASLR, which means savegame injection is not possible.
There is people already working on fixing it, but they can't guarantee if it will be possible for now.

On the other hand, RAM support will be probably gone since you are forced to update the console in order to make the game work (losing the spider exploit). o3DS/2DS users can downgrade the browser if they use a CFW, but then they have complete access to homebrew (or even better, they can install JKSV and extract/inject savegame quickly) or the NTR plugin.

Does it work on EUR yet?

AKA-Link77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alpha 2 is up now.

* no checksum errors
* storage edit
* Harvey shop edit

Thank you for your help...

BTW GUYS!!... DONT USE JKSV WITH CFW!
Boot homebrew and use "save game manager" instead. This will lower corruption rate with the WelcomeAmiibo update.
(back up your data often too)

Last edited by AKA-Link77,

kaieru

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much for all your hard work!
I have a question though for a future update?
Will there ever be an option to bypass the approval rating? Like you just check a box and it fills up to 100%?
I want to restart my town but that always took me so long, if there was ever a fast way of doing it, I never found it...

If you're willing to consider it, I'd be really grateful!

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for your help...

BTW GUYS!!... DONT USE JKSV WITH CFW!
Boot homebrew and use "save game manager" instead. This will lower corruption rate with the WelcomeAmiibo update.
(back up your data often too)

but save game manager is vastly inferior to JKSM and it literally doesnt do anything else than dump save files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol