ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

MandeePandee1985

Trophies
XP
Country
Hold on... Do I understand correctly that you have to update in order to get the update, and the game won't work on other unupdated DSs? If so does that mean that, in order to use hacks with the updated game, we'll have to be able to hack on the latest DS firmware update? Or rather it will be made possible to hack on the latest firmware?

Last edited by MandeePandee1985,
Reactions: Maxouille

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hold on... Do I understand correctly that you have to update in order to get the update, and the game won't work on other unupdated DSs? If so does that mean that, in order to use hacks with the updated game, we'll have to be able to hack on the latest DS firmware update?

No, not if you have A9LH + Luma3DS, and it's 3DS btw.

Maxouille

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hold on... Do I understand correctly that you have to update in order to get the update, and the game won't work on other unupdated DSs? If so does that mean that, in order to use hacks with the updated game, we'll have to be able to hack on the latest DS firmware update? Or rather it will be made possible to hack on the latest firmware?
Yes :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but I have back up the garden_plus.dat with another 3ds in 10.7 (hoot3dhax) so I can import:unsure:

(sorry for my bad english)

AlanBennyRckr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Ah, i cannot wait for the update on this tool.

would be useful to get some bells back since nook offered nothing for my town (1 full paid house, 8 PWPs :( )

baandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd mention too that I'd appreciate if RAM editing could still be kept around if possible. Since it's been introduced I've been using it and bought a new 3DS and kept my old one's firmware specifically for RAM editing.

rikudawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, turns out after asking the Zelda and Splatoon villagers to move in, you can no longer get their RVs to show up to buy their items. So, now the only way I can get the new Zelda items is through save editing which I can't do now. :'(

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to open our save data still, and use the editor to change things that don't pertain to the update? the game started up before I could TT back, so I lost Rosie, was wondering if I could just fix her and be done with that.

What happens if you delete the update data?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to open our save data still, and use the editor to change things that don't pertain to the update? the game started up before I could TT back, so I lost Rosie, was wondering if I could just fix her and be done with that.

That's a really good question.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

deleting the update data would cause animal crossing to say the save data is corrupted as the save data has been renamed garden_plus.dat and the contents of it have also been changed

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deleting the update data would cause animal crossing to say the save data is corrupted as the save data has been renamed garden_plus.dat and the contents of it have also been changed

So basically there's no way to go back now, huh? Sucks..

I made the dumb mistake of inviting Inkwell to move in when I could have just waited till I got home to use my Rosie card. didn't think to check on the editor status, and was like "oh, I can just change Inkwell into Rosie when I get back to my computer".

Well, here's hoping the updated editor goes smoothly..

Reactions: Aletron9000

raiikyuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just updated and i hope there is still a way to save edit after words since i know with some recent updates from nintendo they try to block out hacking in all forms and i didnt think about that before finishing my download

for now all we can do is wait patiently for marc_max and hope they get it working

raiikyuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats alright! please, take your time. im just worried nintendo patched it to the point it cant be used anymore so i wish you luck in getting it working

raiikyuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used to be able to transfer my SD card and acnl game cartridge to my Homebrew N3dsXL, but now when i do that, my save doesnt show up on the N3dsXL? if thats the case i fear my N3dsXL wont be able to read the save file via homebrew rendering me incapable to export or import my save

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok