ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Jinglefruit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What's this new grass wear thing?

It looks to me that it just shows where grass will be worn down that day depending on where you've walked. I loaded my town file straight after playing today and instead of showing where my dirt patches are it shows the paths that I've walked today, and darker areas where I walked most ~ around re-tail, while I ran loops around Pecks house planting bushes. :P

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
It looks to me that it just shows where grass will be worn down that day depending on where you've walked. I loaded my town file straight after playing today and instead of showing where my dirt patches are it shows the paths that I've walked today, and darker areas where I walked most ~ around re-tail, while I ran loops around Pecks house planting bushes. :P
You can edit it if you click on tiles. Left click=decrease wear. Right click=increase wear.

Jinglefruit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can edit it if you click on tiles. Left click=decrease wear. Right click=increase wear.

Yeah, when I opened my file it definitely doesn't show where my paths currently are. It shows where I've walked that day. Though it did seem to wear down where I darkened, it didn't restore the dirt patches.

I will say that just changing a tiny portion of path to the darkest stage on a laptop is a work out for your fingers!!!

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, when I opened my file it definitely doesn't show where my paths currently are. It shows where I've walked that day. Though it did seem to wear down where I darkened, it didn't restore the dirt patches.

I will say that just changing a tiny portion of path to the darkest stage on a laptop is a work out for your fingers!!!

It seems that if you upload a ram without moving around then it wouldn't show any grass wear whatsoever. I don't know whether this is a glitch because it's a new feature

Would be nice to be able to use natural paths instead of patterns!

Jinglefruit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I've just blacked out and whited out (after walking over it to make it darker) both grassy areas and entirely dirt areas. And not had much change at all, if anything. I thought the grass had faded a little bit before but I think the grass might have just been like that anyway as I only experimented in a corner of my town then. This time I went right over the paths by my house and cafe and they're still as they were.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know where in the RAM it defines where your permanent dirt patches are? I know it can't be the acres entirely, because having two of the same acre can still give different dirt patterns

zer0harts

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've read over this forum for an hour now, trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong and why this isn't working.
I have followed every instruction, everything is copied over. I used the QR, when that didn't work I typed it in and all browser preferences, history and cookies gone, several times. I get no green screen, no error, nothing dumps, it just sits at the white screen and nothing. A white box shows up for a second, then disappears and still nothing.

I'm pretty sure my 3DS and browser are all the latest versions, is this my problem? Or is it something else and no one has posted the solution yet? Can someone please help me, this is driving me nuts....

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've read over this forum for an hour now, trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong and why this isn't working.
I have followed every instruction, everything is copied over. I used the QR, when that didn't work I typed it in and all browser preferences, history and cookies gone, several times. I get no green screen, no error, nothing dumps, it just sits at the white screen and nothing. A white box shows up for a second, then disappears and still nothing.

I'm pretty sure my 3DS and browser are all the latest versions, is this my problem? Or is it something else and no one has posted the solution yet? Can someone please help me, this is driving me nuts....
What's your System Version?

Jinglefruit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well that's your problem. It has to be between 9.0 and 9.5.0.23. Anything above can't be used. Anything below is skittish, some versions work, some don't.

forestcrxsser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried to make dirt paths via the ram hack and when I did it nothing changed! Is this a problem with my game or is this a glitch for everyone because I've heard some people have had the same problem, thanks! Also I understand if it's a glitch since it's a new feature. c:

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I've pretty much got the hang of the grass editor. It doesn't directly edit your grass, only how frequently you've walked on the squares in your town per day. So for example, if you fill out an area with black squares, inject the ram, save and TT to the next day, do the same several times then eventually the grass will disappear.

Also, could someone experiment something for me?

Open your gates, invite someone over and have him run all over your town. Boot him out and then upload your ram and then tell me whether the spots that your friend ran over have darkened?
The answer will finally put a halt to the entire "No running in my town as it deteriorates the grass." myth.

PkGhost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having trouble with this. every time i try to scan the qr code, my 3ds goes to the website and then says "communication error". no green screen. my 3ds is 9.5.0-18U , please tell me how to fix this if there's a way.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
im having trouble with this. every time i try to scan the qr code, my 3ds goes to the website and then says "communication error". no green screen. my 3ds is 9.5.0-18U , please tell me how to fix this if there's a way.
I replied to you earlier and you completely ignored me...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Trans Former, women and men who used to be the other sex! Autoerotic asphyxiation bdsm is fun at...