ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I've got the ram editor to work. I've completely removed everything in my town (all items, trees, flowers etc) and it worked. However, whenever I tried to add a bush in an illegal place (i.e in the block right next to the border of the town) the ram dump that I inject freezes my game upon pressing the "resume" button

Any suggestions?

I think it may because I don't have 8/9/10 villagers, and that the town is like 3 days old (I haven't got my mayor license or whatever it's called yet)

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Then I guess it's something to do with your console :-( Please tell me all your info you can (game digital/card, region, console, firmware, etc.)
Have you tried to delete the 3DS browser's configuration?

It's not my console. The firmware is in date needed, I'm using the physical copy of the game, which is a EUR version. I'm also using a standard black 3ds.

rocker26a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uhhh, there wasn't an acnlram.bin file on my SD card? Should there have been? I'm confused.

Oh, nevermind. Got it to work on the second time.
So, if I change a villager to another, will it just be that new villager? Will they retain any data from the previous villager?

fumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! When I move my villagers homes you can walk straight through them?? also the plots of land are still there but you can't walk through them

rocker26a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried using the map editor with this, but now whenever I try to start up my game it has the little train loading animation, then forces me to the home screen and restarts the console. Anything I can do?

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so there's a time capsule i have buried but once i dig it up, i can't get rid of it.
i'm going back to my RAM and i'm trying to get rid of it while its still buried but it isn't working.

i know the capsule ORIGINALLY belonged to Genji, whom i still have, but he doesn't ask me to dig it up for him and it says "From " when i dig it up
I went into the ram editor and moved one of my fairy tale lights over it
problem solved 8)

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
I just tried using the map editor with this, but now whenever I try to start up my game it has the little train loading animation, then forces me to the home screen and restarts the console. Anything I can do?

You did something wrong... You have to add at least one side cliff and one "beach stair" (don't know how it's called but it's this http://www.sosostris.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/HNI_0032_2.jpg and I heard that 3 stairs will also crash the game)
I think you also have to put at least one waterfall...

Close the game, then hold ABXY when relaunching the game, and make another town, then inject your backup ram file.

Taser9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question: This web browser exploit clearly isn't compatible with PowerSave. Is there another thread on editing NL's save file with PowerSave?

CandyKlaine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why some times when I load the .bin file in the editor I see question marks instead of the elements?
Sometimes I can just load the file again but often I have to make a new save. What is the problem?

rocker26a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You did something wrong... You have to add at least one side cliff and one "beach stair" (don't know how it's called but it's this http://www.sosostris.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/HNI_0032_2.jpg and I heard that 3 stairs will also crash the game)
I think you also have to put at least one waterfall...

Close the game, then hold ABXY when relaunching the game, and make another town, then inject your backup ram file.

Ahhhhhhh. Yeah. I tried to put 3 sets of stairs to the beach. But I managed to get my town back (At the cost of all the items in my houses) But such is life.

D

Deleted User

in the editor, I see something that when I click it it has stuff that says, EN, ENU, FR, IT, DE, and ES, what are those for?

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the editor, I see something that when I click it it has stuff that says, EN, ENU, FR, IT, DE, and ES, what are those for?

Those are regions??? I think marc_max said some of the items have different names in different regions, and these are the identifiers for the regions? (FR = France, IT = Italy, etc)

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm literally so stupid

Here I am complaining that it doesn't work when I think I just wasn't applying my logic to the situation...

After spending 3 hours getting my mayor license or whatever it's called, I came to realise that the reason it wasn't working before was because I wasn't renaming the dump files, I was just leaving the (5), (10) etc in the actual name of the file, thus rendering it unreadable by the 3DS.

At least I think that's what it was

Reactions: regigiygas

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm literally so stupid

Here I am complaining that it doesn't work when I think I just wasn't applying my logic to the situation...

After spending 3 hours getting my mayor license or whatever it's called, I came to realise that the reason it wasn't working before was because I wasn't renaming the dump files, I was just leaving the (5), (10) etc in the actual name of the file, thus rendering it unreadable by the 3DS.

At least I think that's what it was

... yep, that's exactly what it was. It has to be named acnlram.bin for it to be recognized. LOL! Well at least you figured it out!

Christina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I have some questions about the editor. Under the 'Buildings' tab, for example, when you move the bulletin board or island storage bin to somewhere where they shouldn't be will it render the game unplayable because they are supposed to be next to the train station and the dock respectively?
Basically, if I want to move the bulletin to the south part of my town would that be okay?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay