ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Memie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello! I've been hacking my game for a while but dropped it due to the Amiibo update. Now that the editor is up and running again, I'm having a bit of a problem.
You see, I now play my game on a N3DS, but I use my O3DS to hack. I've followed the instructions up to the step where it requires me to dump my game file using the ACNL Save Manager; the thing is, it doesn't seem to recognize my game. The catridge is in the console but it just doesn't seem to notice it's there.
Now my question is, is it because the update is in another console? If so, is there any other way I could keep utilizing my O3DS to hack this specific game? I'm tempted to use good old Save Manager, since it still finds the game, but I'm also scared that by doing that it'll somehow brick my console and/or game, since I know it'll dump it as an old garden.dat file.
Or is there a way to download the Amiibo update to the Old 3DS without updating the actual console? The eShop app has never worked for me, by the way.
I'd be really thankful if anyone helped me out ;;

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I've been hacking my game for a while but dropped it due to the Amiibo update. Now that the editor is up and running again, I'm having a bit of a problem.
You see, I now play my game on a N3DS, but I use my O3DS to hack. I've followed the instructions up to the step where it requires me to dump my game file using the ACNL Save Manager; the thing is, it doesn't seem to recognize my game. The catridge is in the console but it just doesn't seem to notice it's there.
Now my question is, is it because the update is in another console? If so, is there any other way I could keep utilizing my O3DS to hack this specific game? I'm tempted to use good old Save Manager, since it still finds the game, but I'm also scared that by doing that it'll somehow brick my console and/or game, since I know it'll dump it as an old garden.dat file.
Or is there a way to download the Amiibo update to the Old 3DS without updating the actual console? The eShop app has never worked for me, by the way.
I'd be really thankful if anyone helped me out ;;
What firmware are both systems on?

Memie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What firmware are both systems on?
O3DS is on 10.3.0-28U while N3DS is on 11.4.0-37U. Ever since most entrypoints were patched on the O3DS and I don't own the games listed on Smea's website, I've resorted to not updating my O3DS anymore to keep Browserhax up

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O3DS is on 10.3.0-28U while N3DS is on 11.4.0-37U. Ever since most entrypoints were patched on the O3DS and I don't own the games listed on Smea's website, I've resorted to not updating my O3DS anymore to keep Browserhax up
Can you download the latest starter pack from smea's website (if you haven't already) and launch ctr-httpwn in the Homebrew Launcher (after you launch it and it says it was successful, go back to the Homebrew Launcher menu, then press Start then X to go back to the Home Menu without rebooting the console. If it works, you should be able to launch the eShop to download the Welcome amiibo update. And for accessing save files, you should be using JKSM, imo.

As a last resort, we'll have you install CFW so that you can set up freeShop to install the update and JKSM as a CIA on your Home Menu.

Memie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can you download the latest starter pack from smea's website (if you haven't already) and launch ctr-httpwn in the Homebrew Launcher (after you launch it and it says it was successful, go back to the Homebrew Launcher menu, then press Start then X to go back to the Home Menu without rebooting the console. If it works, you should be able to launch the eShop to download the Welcome amiibo update. And for accessing save files, you should be using JKSM, imo.

As a last resort, we'll have you install CFW so that you can set up freeShop to install the update and JKSM as a CIA on your Home Menu.
Ran ctr-httpwn but at the end it said "WARNING: bosshaxx wasn't setup, likely due to incompatible system-version. test_boss() will not be run."
After that it just says "Done."
Will this be a problem?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ran ctr-httpwn but at the end it said "WARNING: bosshaxx wasn't setup, likely due to incompatible system-version. test_boss() will not be run."
After that it just says "Done."
Will this be a problem?
It might. Follow http://3ds.guide to install custom firmware, then come back here and I'll help you set up freeShop and JKSM on your Home Menu.

Reactions: pixelmasher

Memie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It might. Follow http://3ds.guide to install custom firmware, then come back here and I'll help you set up freeShop and JKSM on your Home Menu.
Alright, read through the guide and I got an idea of what to do now. But a question, the page lists Soundhax as the Homebrew way of installing boot9strap. I'm running a little low on time since I'll have to leave the house in a while and won't be back until nighttime, so quick question- does it have to be Soundhax, or could I use Browserhax, since it's more easy to get into it? (Page says Soundhax could take a lot of tries to get in, and that's exactly what's happening with my case- play the file, error occurs, console reboots).

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, read through the guide and I got an idea of what to do now. But a question, the page lists Soundhax as the Homebrew way of installing boot9strap. I'm running a little low on time since I'll have to leave the house in a while and won't be back until nighttime, so quick question- does it have to be Soundhax, or could I use Browserhax, since it's more easy to get into it? (Page says Soundhax could take a lot of tries to get in, and that's exactly what's happening with my case- play the file, error occurs, console reboots).
It doesn't have to be Soundhax. It can be any Homebrew Launcher entrypoint.

Memie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It doesn't have to be Soundhax. It can be any Homebrew Launcher entrypoint.
Apparently I can't create new conversations as I haven't made enough posts, so I'll resort to here once more to tell you I've finished installing CFW. If it's better for you and for the organization of this thread, you can start the private conversation to help me set up freeShop & JKSM! Once more, thank you very much for helping me out, I really appreciate it ;v;

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently I can't create new conversations as I haven't made enough posts, so I'll resort to here once more to tell you I've finished installing CFW. If it's better for you and for the organization of this thread, you can start the private conversation to help me set up freeShop & JKSM! Once more, thank you very much for helping me out, I really appreciate it ;v;
You can just go into FBI -> Title DB -> install what you want.

Memie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can just go into FBI -> Title DB -> install what you want.
Oh, I know it's probably very simple, but I have a little bit of trouble doing things such as this if I don't have a detailed tutorial or someone who's experienced to help me out, as I am clumsy and prone to mess up if I've no guide! ;;

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I know it's probably very simple, but I have a little bit of trouble doing things such as this if I don't have a detailed tutorial or someone who's experienced to help me out, as I am clumsy and prone to mess up if I've no guide! ;;
It really is that simple. Find FBI on your home menu, launch it, scroll down/touch Title DB, click, find what you want, click, say ok, yes, etc. if it asks you if you want to install it.

Memie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It really is that simple. Find FBI on your home menu, launch it, scroll down/touch Title DB, click, find what you want, click, say ok, yes, etc. if it asks you if you want to install it.
Very late reply, whoops. But you were right, I got it up and running! I just get a little bit nervous, rip. Now I'm just going to wait for the 3DS Title Keys page to be fixed so I can get the .bin file . Thanks :0

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very late reply, whoops. But you were right, I got it up and running! I just get a little bit nervous, rip. Now I'm just going to wait for the 3DS Title Keys page to be fixed so I can get the .bin file . Thanks :0
Welcome. The title key site moved it's using http and gq instead of com now.

Antisocial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of my 3DS systems was hit in the ban wave. I went out and bought a new system and an ACNL cartridge (on my banned 3DS I had the eShop version of the game which can't be played online anymore). I don't want to lose that town after putting 4 years into it. I'm just wondering, using JKSV on my banned 3DS, could I backup my town from the eShop version and copy it over to the new cartridge version, and then continue playing it normally on the new 3DS? And then still keep using the old 3DS to make save backups to use this editor?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16