ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else successfully changed the TPC card picture? I changed it about a year and a half ago (to Batman lol) and now I'm trying to change it again but I'm getting a "data corrupt" error.

I'm guessing it's probably a checksum error since I am using HdX to hack in the picture but then again I could just be throwing around words I don't understand XFD I'm not as techie as I'd like to be

Last edited by TidusWulf,

Antisocial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On another note...

@marc_max

The editor apparently didn't load up my map correctly. It's saying part of the river goes north, lol.
rmJlkl8.png

I just noticed my town is the same way.

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are those bushes around a house? meaning, are they touching the walls of a house? I believe Nintendo added restrictions to trees and bushes
Yeah
The ones on the bottom are
That sucks :/
Maybe i can work around it if i add the bushes first then a house. But probably not. But does the restriction apply to the ones on the edge of a cliff? Because i managed to do that in other areas. That particular area just doesnt want to work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone have a guide on how to use the editor now that it doesn't work the way it use to ever since the browser was blocked and the game updated? Or are the instructions for "How to dump and inject AC:NL savegame through Homebrew" still accurate cause it also still has the "How to dump and inject AC:NL savegame through RAM hacking" but apparently that method is no longer working.
A few pages back i made a tutorial on how to dump it again.

Iirc its the same process as before but with garden_plus.dat instead of garden.dat. So i think the editors homebrew dumping/injection tutorial still works because i use the exact same process as before. Just with the garden_plus.dat files.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait. So, you can import a custom JPEG into your TPC Icon?
Im pretty sure (or maybe its with some other file type but yeah) but last i checked the method as to how to do it was kept under wraps to prevent people from making their tpc something inappropriate that kids on club tortimer could see (and risk backlash from nintendo).

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I read like 20 pages back that Homebrew users should use CFM because injecting a file may not work. Is this still the case?
I think that's only if you use JKSV. If you use save manager you shouldn't have any issues. At least I haven't

Antisocial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kippy said:
Im pretty sure (or maybe its with some other file type but yeah) but last i checked the method as to how to do it was kept under wraps to prevent people from making their tpc something inappropriate that kids on club tortimer could see (and risk backlash from nintendo).

Nah it's not difficult to find the instructions how to do it on Google. For a while I was using the N64 logo on my TPC.
From my experience when I'd go on the island with a custom TPC pic people would just assume I was a hacker that was going to ruin their game and so they'd quickly leave (and sometimes they'd throw some insults my way before doing so).

Last edited by Antisocial,

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah it's not difficult to find the instructions how to do it on Google. For a while I was using the N64 logo on my TPC.
From my experience when I'd go on the island with a custom TPC pic people would just assume I was a hacker that was going to ruin their game and so they'd quickly leave (and sometimes they'd throw some insults my way before doing so).
Nice to hear that it's easier to do now though
I haven't really been in the loop since before last summer lmao

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All that literature on hacking the TPC is pre-update, and probably Ram-injection method. It was never easy, and the new method is even more work because of data validation checks.

WillowtheSheep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any chance of getting the campfire pwp in the campgrounds as a hacked pwp to put anywhere in your town? not sure if thats possible but the new campfire is so much prettier than the original one ;)

Also, I saw that you can put Isabelle as a villager living in your town... Is this safe or supposed to be here? I would assume you cannot but I thought I would ask.

Last edited by WillowtheSheep,

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any chance of getting the campfire pwp in the campgrounds as a hacked pwp to put anywhere in your town? not sure if thats possible but the new campfire is so much prettier than the original one ;)

Also, I saw that you can put Isabelle as a villager living in your town... Is this safe or supposed to be here? I would assume you cannot but I thought I would ask.

I'm not as well informed as Marc, but I will give my two cents:

Because the layout of the campground is static (aside from the villager and Harvey's items, there's no data pertaining to the actual layout), it's likely that there is no "save data" to point to the campfire as a relocatable/buildable item like a PWP. So there is likely no equivalent value for the campfire. But, at the same time, it is possible to put the photo booth in your town (even though it breaks the game big time. Don't do this. And ESPECIALLY don't enter one if it's not where it belongs) so don't count it out as a 100% guarantee that it can't be done. Just don't get your hopes up.

Reactions: WillowtheSheep

Kayxo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help?

I updated my reinand to 11.2 (current firmware) and sysnand is on 9.2.. I updated AC cart and now I am having trouble getting into the actual game itself now via reinand....
https://vid.me/1xXu <--- this is what is happening to me.

EDIT* fixed. Updated to Luma3DS

Last edited by Kayxo,

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry if this has been asked before but I've topped the upgrade of the main room in my house and now there's just too much space to fill in with furniture so it always feels empty, is there a way to make a room in your house smaller?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo