ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

AquaX101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works on Mario Kart.

But for mario kart you don't have to dump your ram, the way the mario kart 7 exploit works is that it reads the code.bin sort of like a cheat code and then it applies it to your game and you don't have to save the game to apply the changes, but with ACNL and Pokemon, it modifies the RAM and you have to save the game, and for some reason modifying the ram doesn't work on emunand.

AquaX101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do you have your dumped ram on your sd card? If so follow these steps
1. Load ACNL and be sure you're outside your house
2. Clean your cookies and history on the 3ds internet browser and then go to the injection link. If it works, then you should see on the bottom screen that its green for 2 seconds and that's how you know it worked
3. Go back into ACNL, enter your house and then go out of your house and then you'll see the changes.

JoJodude

Trophies
XP
Country
But for mario kart you don't have to dump your ram, the way the mario kart 7 exploit works is that it reads the code.bin sort of like a cheat code and then it applies it to your game and you don't have to save the game to apply the changes, but with ACNL and Pokemon, it modifies the RAM and you have to save the game, and for some reason modifying the ram doesn't work on emunand.

Help?

JoJodude

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have your dumped ram on your sd card? If so follow these steps
1. Load ACNL and be sure you're outside your house
2. Clean your cookies and history on the 3ds internet browser and then go to the injection link. If it works, then you should see on the bottom screen that its green for 2 seconds and that's how you know it worked
3. Go back into ACNL, enter your house and then go out of your house and then you'll see the changes.

I cant dump. it dosn't put file on sd

Fox-kon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kitsuneda.at.webry.info
XP
Country
Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM editor

How to dump and inject AC:NL RAM

WARNING: Use this at your own risk!

Requirements:
  • old Nintendo 3DS/XL or 2DS at 9.x up to 9.5.0-22 (9.5.0-23 or higher are not supported)
  • PAL or NTSC-U AC:NL cart/digital
  • a HTML5-capable browser (recommended: Firefox)
  • you may need to delete the console's web browser configuration before dumping
Instructions
  1. Copy acnldump.bin and acnlinjc.bin (get them below) onto the root of your 3DS/XL/2DS SD card
  2. Run AC:NL and get ingame, making sure you can already move your character
  3. Press home button and run the web browser
  4. Go to http://bit.ly/acnl_dump
  5. Wait a few seconds, it will crash and go back to the home menu
  6. (optional) Return back to the game and save (if you don't want to see Resetti later)
  7. Power down the console, take out the SD card and put in the PC
  8. Open acnlram.bin file in the RAM editor and edit it to your desire
  9. Save the edited town and replace the original file with it
  10. Insert the SD card in the console
  11. Run AC:NL and get ingame, making sure you can already move your character
  12. Press home button and run the web browser
  13. Go to http://bit.ly/acnl_inject
  14. Wait a few seconds, it will crash and go back to the home menu
  15. Return back to the game, go inside your home and then go outside again. Your changes should be there!
Contribute
You can contribute just by reporting any bug you find in the dumper/injector/editor. Any help will be appreciated.

I'm also looking for a list of all available acres, in order to paint rivers, ponds and pavement, but that sounds hard though.

We are also still missing some items/flags in the list. If you find a ? icon in the editor, please post it here along the exact item description you've found.

Future
The RAM dump includes a lot of information, things like building placement, grass wear, room furniture, patterns... can be edited.

However, my free time is limited and I don't think I'll be adding those features for now. The editor is opensource since is just simple HTML+JS. Anyone is free to take it and improve it as long as they keep credit to the original work. If you made important changes or improvements, please post them here or PM me, I can host them for you if you need it.

Contributions by other users
NeoKamek made a tool that unlocks all PWP that works similar to my tool.

Thank you so much marc_max!
The dumper and injector worked with my JPN ACNL1.1 on 9.5.0-22J (not EmuNAND)

I've discovered some of ? icon is. so where to post?

temptemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll renew my request, could someone edit the save and be that kind to share some bells with me? :) I'd be grateful

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Rudimentary building/PWPs location editor was added. As always, use it at your owk risk. Don't save your game if it fails.
You can contribute by identifying all unknown buildings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth