ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can find villagers by searching their catchphrase in a hex editor, it's standard ASCII, but with every other byte as 00.
I'll be looking into changing them...

Reactions: marc_max

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
You can find villagers by searching their catchphrase in a hex editor, it's standard ASCII, but with every other byte as 00.
I'll be looking into changing them...
Yes I know, the RAM dump includes a lot of things. You can edit species, friendship, house, etc. But I don't have time to investigate into that. If you find the villager structure, please tell me and I'll add it to the editor.

BTW, thanks to Fox-kon, next version will allow you to edit Tortimer island!

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
BTW, thanks to Fox-kon, next version will allow you to edit Tortimer island!

Tortimer Island editing! I can do so much with that! (Ex: place item on island that you normally cant bring like golden shovel and put in on box to use at club tortimer) (Another Ex: put clovers, rocks, and trees on island.) Yeaaahhhhh

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the first villager data is at 0x2A0D0 or around there. It includes stuff like room contents, catchphrase, and current shirt. I copied this data to the second villager, although it remained the same villager, it was wearing the other one's shirt, had their catchphrase, and a duplicate house layout (items etc). I believe I only copied the first 175 bytes starting at the address i posted. I'll look more for species

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I believe the first villager data is at 0x2A0D0 or around there. It includes stuff like room contents, catchphrase, and current shirt. I copied this data to the second villager, although it remained the same villager, it was wearing the other one's shirt, had their catchphrase, and a duplicate house layout (items etc). I believe I only copied the first 175 bytes starting at the address i posted. I'll look more for species

Awesome! I'm watching this thread like a hawk.. editing villager data would be so cool!

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to report something strange I found a few minutes ago. I had just sold all of the items in my pockets and was talking to one of my villagers when they asked if they could trade for my bear shirt, which I had before I sold my items. The trade went through fine, and the item Skye gave me was in my pockets. I didn't have anything in there before the trade to give her, however.

Just thought I'd note that for you.

BubblegumGuru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have the IDs for all the fully-grown bushes that keep showing up as "?".

0x00000082 = Holly bush
0x0000008b = Blue Hydrangea bush
0x0000008e = Pink Hydrangea bush
0x00000088 = White Azalea bush
0x00000085 = Pink Azalea bush
0x00000097 = Sweet Olive bush
0x00000091 = Red Hibiscus bush
0x00000094 = Yellow Hibiscus bush

Reactions: marc_max

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing that might not be the same list, I searched Derwins 0x74 or 0x75 (not sure if their index starts at 0 or 1) and didn't find anything notable

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like all you need to edit your island is a way to put items into the basket. If we can edit the pockets and drawers, the basket should come easy. Someone should hit up the island, throw a bug inside the basket, and then RAM dump and look it up to pinpoint where the basket is stored in memory.

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I feel like all you need to edit your island is a way to put items into the basket. If we can edit the pockets and drawers, the basket should come easy. Someone should hit up the island, throw a bug inside the basket, and then RAM dump and look it up to pinpoint where the basket is stored in memory.

yes!

AquaX101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking into the villager structure right now so we can change villagers, i'm a noob so wish me luck lolol

EDIT: To be honest, i think i'd have better luck trying to change the villager in the campgrounds to something else and then you can pursue the person to join the town, so i will be putting that as my first priority as of right now.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OMG can you imagine map hacking the island? You could put Ankha back on it, just like in the Gamecube days.

Oh man. and you could put things in your box and join the global islands and just hand out crazy shit and blow peoples' minds.

Totally Tim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I looked into this last night, actually.

iOKldq7.png

I'm playing the American version of the game, so I'm not sure if the offsets are different for other releases (not sure why they would be), but you are able to edit all 40 basket slots with any item that you want, and use them on the island. I brought a bunch of golden tools and other hold items to give out to strangers at Club Tortimer, and they worked just fine. Just make sure that you reverse the item ID bytes when making your edits. For example, the item ID for the throwing beans item is 307D. It needs to be written out in the RAM dump as 7D 30 in order to show up properly in the game.

Tl;dr - Island basket offsets begin at 0x6E60, and end at 0x6EFF. You have 40 item slots to use, and you have to reverse the Item ID bytes in order for it to work properly. (Example: 307D becomes 7D30)

Hope this information helps!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...