ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

Alexisaul455

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know why the wedding veil code doesn't work for me (id 163c) please help. Also know the id of the wedding recipes? Your work is appreciated.

Amuyea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Amuyea,
Reactions: Alexisaul455

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The goal of my files is to provide as much data as possible. Pastebin simply couldn't keep up anymore and didn't allow me to upload the new files. I also changed the format to be json so it can be easier loaded into programs.
Oh, it's way more useful as JSON. Because I can parse it and spit out something like this, which is in the old item format everyone is used to: https://mpql.net/tools/acnh/codes/item-list/

And if you update the list, that'll update too. Woo.

Taishiro

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Here's how to convert your old v1.1.x inventory codes to v1.2 in C# if anyone is lazy enough to do it by hand ^^

Code:
        public string ConvertFromv1_1(string CheatCode)
        {
            const int Difference = 0xB9310;

foreach (string CheatLine in CheatCode.Split(Convert.ToChar(13)))
            {
                string[] LineParts = CheatLine.Split(' ');

if (LineParts.Length > 2 && LineParts[1].Length == 8)
                {
                    int Mem = int.Parse(LineParts[1], NumberStyles.HexNumber);
                    Mem = Mem + Difference;

CheatCode = CheatCode.Replace(LineParts[1], Mem.ToString("X8"));
                }
            }

return CheatCode;
        }

Reactions: ELY_M

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, it's way more useful as JSON. Because I can parse it and spit out something like this, which is in the old item format everyone is used to: https://mpql.net/tools/acnh/codes/item-list/

And if you update the list, that'll update too. Woo.
I just updated the format to merge dec_id and hex_id to just be id which contains both, hope I didn't break anything then.. oops :unsure:

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated the format to merge dec_id and hex_id to just be id which contains both, hope I didn't break anything then.. oops :unsure:
Actually, I guess I made this after that change? Haha. I thought I saw something specific like that, but I went to grab it and just saw they were enumerated. But yeah, update that and that list will update. :D

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's how to convert your old v1.1.x inventory codes to v1.2 in C# if anyone is lazy enough to do it by hand ^^

Code:
        public string ConvertFromv1_1(string CheatCode)
        {
            const int Difference = 0xB9310;

foreach (string CheatLine in CheatCode.Split(Convert.ToChar(13)))
            {
                string[] LineParts = CheatLine.Split(' ');

if (LineParts.Length > 2 && LineParts[1].Length == 8)
                {
                    int Mem = int.Parse(LineParts[1], NumberStyles.HexNumber);
                    Mem = Mem + Difference;

CheatCode = CheatCode.Replace(LineParts[1], Mem.ToString("X8"));
                }
            }

return CheatCode;
        }
how do I use this?

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually, I guess I made this after that change? Haha. I thought I saw something specific like that, but I went to grab it and just saw they were enumerated. But yeah, update that and that list will update. :D
I just pushed the change like an hour ago when I added the DIY recipe list. So lets hope nothing broke, but I'll try my best to keep the list updated,

Reactions: Mopquill

Babybuds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still don't think I've hit 5 but if someone wants to quote me - IMO the list is more useful this way for non-dev people who are just making cheat codes for edizon, .json is better for dev.

PasteBIN - VNYgeJ9n (All items + added DIY's)
PasteBIN - 3ZkpTbyD (Just DIY's)

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just pushed the change like an hour ago when I added the DIY recipe list. So lets hope nothing broke, but I'll try my best to keep the list updated,
It should be fine. Worst case, I tweak some settings on my end, or use the version I downloaded. XD

ooh this is fantastic! only thing, if possible, to list colors for the clothes?
I can only output what is in the JSON, I can't tell how many variants something might have, or what they equate to.

Taishiro

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Tip for people that want to get the right furniture colouring variants in their cheat codes

If you use nookplaza to look at the furniture database, take a look at the image file.
Example, https://acnhcdn.com/acdb/housewares/FtrFittingroom_Remake_3_7.png for the the changing room in dark brown + blue

The way to get teh colouring variant in hexadecimal for the code generator is this:
Take "3_7".
Multiply the second colour (7) by 2, and transform it to hex -> 14 -> E
Append the first colour to the second one in hex.

So, "3_7" -> E3
E3 is what you should put in the "quantity/custom" if you want the changing room in that dark brown + blue combination.

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone try the text to item cheat on a non English switch? I know that was an issue with the older version of the code, but I was able to find a pointer to chat.

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Exegency

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...