ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

YamiYami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Use instead the received items option and search for "Ultimate Pocket Stuffing" in it then untick the box that's attached to its line then save and you can buy the Ultimate Pocket Stuffing card with nook miles to upgrade your inventory to 40 slots
Thank you for the help, I will check and see if it works!!

strawpedro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone have a list of the count for each color of each type of flower yet?

Also some useful info for NHSE: the use field of each flower reflects how much it has been watered (the friend bonus), it stores in increments of 128, so maximum bonus would be 512.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Reactions: Mopquill

MUDKlP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a list of what each flag does? I modded my save and messed up something so now Isabella keeps introducing my third villager every day. But I unlocked all my house upgrades already, so I don't want to restart.

nednor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any generous hackers out there that would be willing to generate some rare hybrid flowers for me to fill my inventory?

I honestly dont want to mod my save for this game. The only thing I really feel the grind is too painful for is hybrid flowers. If someone could get me a bunch of blue/black/gold Rose's and hyacinths it would save me countless hours.....

Worth a shot asking. If anybody could help I'd appreciate a pm...

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a list of what each flag does? I modded my save and messed up something so now Isabella keeps introducing my third villager every day. But I unlocked all my house upgrades already, so I don't want to restart.

There are several hundred flags in the game (Maybe 600? More?). The best odds of you knowing what they do is what they say and then trying to think of what it could apply to. Like JonnyTalkCount seems confusing, but Gulliver's name is Jonny in Japanese, so it's a counter for how many times you've either talked to him today, or talked to him total. Nobody has mapped them all out yet. I doubt anyone will because there's almost a thousand and most of them aren't intuitive to what they actually do without flipping them and running around in-game and hoping they do something visible.

That said, here's some helpful tips for figuring out what a flag does based on model / internal name data

Internal short code names for characters
  • bey = CJ
  • boc = Daisy Mae
  • chy = Flick
  • cml = Saharah
  • doc = Wilbur
  • dod = Orville
  • gst = Wisp
  • gul = Gulliver
  • hgc = Label
  • hgh = Mabel
  • hgs = Sabel
  • owl = Blathers
  • ows = Celeste
  • pyn = Zipper
  • rcm = Timmy
  • rct = Tommy
  • rco = Tom Nook
  • skk = Kicks
  • spn = Harvey
  • sza = Isabelle
  • tkk = K.K. Slider
Other short code names without corresponding model data
  • Bev = Short for "beaver" in reference to C.J.
  • Chm = Short for "chameleon" in reference to Flick
  • ImmQ = Seems to refer to "Immigration Quest" ie, the tutorial 3 first house placements, first bridge, etc
Japanese names for characters:
  • Tanukichi [たぬきち] = Tom Nook
  • Shizue [しずえ] = Isabelle
  • Mamekichi & Tsubukichi [まめきち・つぶきち] = Timmy & Tommy
  • Mametsubu [まめつぶ] = Nooklings
  • Futa [フータ] = Blathers
  • Fuko [フーコ] = Celeste
  • Kaburiba [カブリバ] = Technically Joan's name, but this probably means Daisy Mae in the flags
  • Uri [ウリ] = Daisy Mae, but she seems to be referred to as Kaburiba
  • Asami [あさみ] = Sabel
  • Kinuyo [きぬよ] = Mabel
  • Kate / Kaito [ケイト] = Labelle
  • Kotono [ことの] = Label
  • Rollan [ローラン] = Saharah
  • Totakeke [とたけけ] = K.K. Slider
  • Johnny / Jonny [ジョニー ] = Gulliver
  • Justin / Jasutin [ジャスティン] = C.J.
  • Rex / Rekkusu [レックス] = Flick
  • Shanku [シャンク] = Kicks
  • Rodori [ロドリー] = Wilbur
  • Moori / Mōri [モーリー] = Orville (beware that mori means forest)
  • Pyontaro [ぴょんたろう] = Zipper T. Bunny
Misc Japanese words I've seen in flags
  • odekake = outing (referring to Island Tours)
  • ohiraki = celebration (for completing a building maybe?)
  • sonkatsu = ???
  • muraokoshi = ???
Not a Japanese word, but the internal files call photos you recieve from animals as "bromide" which is insane, but whatever.

This isn't at you specifically or anything, but anyone here, before you decide to use a save editor and start changing things you don't know if what you change will have unintentional side effects, you should make a backup of your save to revert to if you mess something up. People can't upload their saves for other people to download, they won't run. If you break your game, you have to restart from the beginning.

Last edited by h448, , Reason: went through flag list to confirm some things

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Do anyone know how to unlock 40 items pocket slot? i have play till the point im at 4* island evaluation. i don't know if it's because of i edit the Flags in Main.dat using NHSE. I tried a few method, input the ultimate pocket stuffinf in inventory but unable to use. the best i could do is visually unlock 40 items slot but the bottom 10 rows is unable to store anything and the cursor will just skip it. The Nook Machine does not sell it either.
Buy from The Nook miles machine

meemai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is it save to go online in animal crossing while having used save edits?

Like if I have a switch that I put homebrew on and am save editing with. Is it save to go online or via local play go to my switch lite and give myself stuff?

Cataluz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello,

I have installed Atmosphere and Tesla + Edizon Overlay with the Animal Crossing New Horizon cheats in their corresponding folder. When I launch Tesla Menu inside the game, I can turn on and off the cheats but it doesn't work.

Why is that? I have everything updated to the latest version including my switch and game. (FW 10.0 and 1.1.4a)

Last edited by Cataluz,
Reactions: Syringez

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,

I have installed Atmosphere and Tesla + Edizon Overlay with the Animal Crossing New Horizon cheats in their corresponding folder. When I launch Tesla Menu inside the game, I can turn on and off the cheats but it doesn't work.

Why is that? I have everything updated to the latest version including my switch and game. (FW 10.0 and 1.1.4a)

I can't even get to that step. I have hb app store though which apparently i have to uninstall, how do i reinstall atmosphere without creating a new emunand?

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is it save to go online in animal crossing while having used save edits?

Like if I have a switch that I put homebrew on and am save editing with. Is it save to go online or via local play go to my switch lite and give myself stuff?
No it's never 100% safe it's always up to your own discretion.

KingRaijun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Does anyone know how to unlock the Amiibo feature in the Resident Services? I can use Emuiibo on Harv's Island, but I don't have the option in resident services.

Edited:
I was able to invite Julian in the Campsite using the Emuiibo using overlay..it is convenient that way.. Amiibo option in Residence Service will be available after unlocking Campsite if my memory serves me right

Last edited by KingRaijun,

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[snip]
Not a Japanese word, but the internal files call photos you recieve from animals as "bromide" which is insane, but whatever.
SUPER cool info, thanks for sharing!

I believe it's specifically because of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photographic_paper#Bromide_papers -- I've heard such prints referred to as "bromides" by photography professors, as well.

I have updated atmosphere to 0.11.1 but it still doesn't work. so sad.
In one post, give us a list of everything you're trying to do, and the exact version of everything you have installed. Check versions from inside your Switch, don't guess as to what you tried to install.

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SUPER cool info, thanks for sharing!

I believe it's specifically because of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photographic_paper#Bromide_papers -- I've heard such prints referred to as "bromides" by photography professors, as well.

Yeah, the link I posted also said it was an archiac term for photographs, but it's such a bizarre choice. I guess it's more specifically a word for a framed photograph versus taking a photo with the Switch screenshot tool or something... But I've honestly never heard it used before trying to see if it was an English word or not :D

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the link I posted also said it was an archiac term for photographs, but it's such a bizarre choice. I guess it's more specifically a word for a framed photograph versus taking a photo with the Switch screenshot tool or something... But I've honestly never heard it used before trying to see if it was an English word or not :D
I'm not yet versed in photography myself, but I've made some websites for photographers, and the gist I'm getting from that naming is that it's meant to be the direct photo paper they're changing and taking themselves, rather than like, a copy or something. I guess if you localized it, it might be fit to say "polaroid".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: