ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

Darkaim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing to watch out for is the termination points of the rivers because in the demo above the sides of the river and the mouths are correct but the end going towards land isn't and will be glitched (though usually you can dig around the outside with your waterscaping tools and either fill it in or dig it out to unglitch it). My acres aren't the best but hopefully you can also import them (into an instance of the save editor, without saving) and preview how to make a termination point for the top right river mouth if you get stuck. Another thing you can do is dig up your own body of water and either join it or copy the curvature of the water tiles to terminate a river or join it into an existing river.

View attachment 204287

Thanks for the acre file! I figured that out for the most part, my only issue is I can't see how it looks in game because I can't save due to the NHSE crash. Does yours crash when you modify acres? I'm using NHSE version #20200413.3

Corviknight7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi ,

I see few items come as variation instead of customization ex: Elaborate Kimono it has 5 Variations it comes with default code
1EB9

When i implement this on slot one it gives only one variant i was not able get others but i got one more variant when i applied cheatcodes randomly but i was not able to replicate that currently i have the variant item and was able to take a nhi file but donot know how to extract hexcode out of it any help is appreciated

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the acre file! I figured that out for the most part, my only issue is I can't see how it looks in game because I can't save due to the NHSE crash. Does yours crash when you modify acres? I'm using NHSE version #20200413.3
Mine doesn't crash but idk when I was last editing acres.

Klavice Gavin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I just tinkered around with my save file and now it won't even load! It gives me an error message saying the software was closed because an error occurred. I don't want to assume the worst, but now I'm worried. I have a back-up I can go back to, but I mainly changed everyone so I could remove the dumb letter glitch.

IZUNYA

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I just tinkered around with my save file and now it won't even load! It gives me an error message saying the software was closed because an error occurred. I don't want to assume the worst, but now I'm worried. I have a back-up I can go back to, but I mainly changed everyone so I could remove the dumb letter glitch.

I didn't had this letter Glitch . What is it ?

I used the editor to give diy recipes, items, edit villagers to move them out, and i never had any problem with my save.

Last edited by IZUNYA,

Klavice Gavin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't had this letter Glitch . What is it ?

I used the editor to give diy recipes, items, edit villagers to move them out, and i never had any problem with my save.

Does anyone know how to fix the mail duplicating itself 300 times after using NHSE?

This one. Yeah, I was the first one to get it that I'm aware of.

Klavice Gavin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I changed my villagers, that's about it. Apparently using the first few versions of this editor had a chance of doing this to you.

So I restored my backup. Thankfully, I'm not banned from the looks of it, but I think the real question is, how do I fix the villagers I edited before so one letter they send me doesn't clog my mailbox?

IZUNYA

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I still used upt to date version of NHSE, so i dunno man sorry .

And i only use villagers edit to dump a blanck villager so they move out to be able to change them via mistery island code.

cmonher

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can someone tell me the codes for DIY Crewed spaceship and DIY Crescent-moon chair? the codes 1B1 and 1B3 of the list don't work for me

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can someone PM Me there save file?
I screwed up mine and stupidly did something and no i have no save file.
I just want a save file with terraforming unlocked and maybe even a 5-star island, i dont mind i just need a save file :(

Chrisomator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I did, but I dont just want to replace it. I want the villager to actually move out one day, so I can talk to him with my second (legit) Switch and invite him to my island.

Reactions: IZUNYA

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did, but I dont just want to replace it. I want the villager to actually move out one day, so I can talk to him with my second (legit) Switch and invite him to my island.
There is no code to do this and I doubt anyone is going to find one anytime soon because of the people selling villagers on eBay.
To get a villager to move out you may need to be past a certain point in the game. I assume it's after you get the camp site.
Then you just tick them off. Hit'em with your net til they look angry, don't talk to them. Wait a few days/ time travel a few days and try to find them. If they come running up to you there's a good chance they're thinking about moving out and you should talk to them to encourage them. If that's not what they talk about, rinse and repeat.

Reactions: IZUNYA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: