ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

zebigboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a way to edit the color of furniture ? not like the custom design, but sometimes some furnitures have different colors (like the lighthouse or the radio) and you can't change it ingame...

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to edit the color of furniture ? not like the custom design, but sometimes some furnitures have different colors (like the lighthouse or the radio) and you can't change it ingame...

You can customise the colours of specific items using a customisation kit.

You'll need to unlock that ability from Nook however. The option should be at any crafting table once it's unlocked.

vgplayer54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question - although I'm sure the answer is no. I have two people in my household playing this game with our own islands (using JKSV and save management to each have our own islands on the same switch). Is it somehow possible for those two accounts to interact with each other? (ie. write letters, give gifts, perhaps visit, etc?)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question - although I'm sure the answer is no. I have two people in my household playing this game with our own islands (using JKSV and save management to each have our own islands on the same switch). Is it somehow possible for those two accounts to interact with each other? (ie. write letters, give gifts, perhaps visit, etc?)
No. For this reason, sharing an island is recommended.

Reactions: vgplayer54

zebigboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can customise the colours of specific items using a customisation kit.

You'll need to unlock that ability from Nook however. The option should be at any crafting table once it's unlocked.

No I'm talking about the default color of an item, you've seen other villagers with radios of different colors, yet your radio can only be one color and you can't customise it with the crafting table.

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I'm talking about the default color of an item, you've seen other villagers with radios of different colors, yet your radio can only be one color and you can't customise it with the crafting table.
You can change the item quantity, durability/customization is in there as well.

e.g. using this code will set slot 20's values 04100000 AC3B915C 0000XXXX

Mess around with the Xs -- I don't know which bits change customization specifically, but try changing it to 0001, 0010, 0100, 1000 -- when you see a change (say it happened on 0001), you can try changing it to 0002, 0003, etc. If you give it an invalid value, it will just give you the default item.

EquallyLost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just got a chance to open up a 1.0.0 save, and here are the locations for the villagers who settle into the first three houses you build at Nook's request (so villagers 3, 4, and 5 that arrive to your island) -- at this point in my game they are merely "SOLD" signs on the houses, with their names underneath. So if you want to change those villagers before they officially move in, you can do so here:

View attachment 200990

Villager hex pairs are by SPECIES, VILLAGER ID -- so Tutu for instance has species bea07 and would therefore be "01 07" -- 01 to define she's a bear, 07 to tell the game it's the 7th bear (Tutu). E0 09 would be Sherb, 20 11 would be Marshal, and 12 10 would be Reneigh.

A NOTE ABOUT VILLAGER CODES:
In the cases of Villager IDs that go over 09 (for instance, Marshal is squ17 or Squirrel #17), you MUST manually convert them.

EXAMPLE:
Marshal is 20 11, NOT 20 17!
20 = Species ID (Squirrel)
11 = Squirrel #17, because hex counts up as 09, 0A, 0B -- not 09, 10, 11 -- so the 17 MUST be converted to hex, making the 17 actually an 11 -- because you would count it 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, 10, 11 (<-- making this the "17th" number), and so on.

Same for Reneigh -- hrs16 -- 12 16 --> becomes 12 10 after conversion.

ADDITIONAL OFFSETS (Villager locations after they have moved in)
First Villager Offset Start
00000110 - 00000111
Second Villager Offset Start
00012BC0 - 00012BC1
Third Villager Offset Start
00025670 - 00025671
I've been looking through it all day... but still nothing... what's the ID for Raymond? I tried 16 03 , but that one said corrupted save data... please help, I've looked through all the thread but I didn't find anything...

wrlfkr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, sorry! I didn't think to include that information as it is already in the thread (earlier). SirVillager has posted the species IDs if you search a bit farther back. They are sort of in alphabetical order, but not really. eg, Cub comes before Chicken even with the Cs all grouped together, and Koala comes before Kangaroo for instance. Alligator is just out there hanging out between C and D by himself. Smh.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whoops, missed you in my first response. Yes, it would work for the next villagers, all the way to 10 -- I just don't have that many villagers yet so I couldn't easily pluck em out of there from the hex with my eyes. They should be the same distance apart in the hex though and you could manually count rows (or do the math if you're extra savvy) to find the empty villager/next slots, I just didn't have time to and grabbed the easy pickings, as it were.

Do you know if there's any issues with Cubs in particular? I tried changing Norma (07 06) who hasn't moved in yet into Judy (05 13) which only corrupted my data. I figured that since some cubs were missing from the game data (ie there's no cub 08, it just jumps from 07 to 09) that her value might be different, so I tried 10, which still corrupted my data. I then tried a test with cub07 before any values are skipped, which still resulted in corrupted data.

Not sure if it's an issue with cubs, or if it's something to do with how I've got another villager due to move in before Norma tomorrow. I'll try editing her when she moves in if it comes to it.

lennurs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody find code info on what fish/bugs spawn when? id love to try and dig in and make a chart of everything

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if there's any issues with Cubs in particular? I tried changing Norma (07 06) who hasn't moved in yet into Judy (05 13) which only corrupted my data. I figured that since some cubs were missing from the game data (ie there's no cub 08, it just jumps from 07 to 09) that her value might be different, so I tried 10, which still corrupted my data. I then tried a test with cub07 before any values are skipped, which still resulted in corrupted data.

Not sure if it's an issue with cubs, or if it's something to do with how I've got another villager due to move in before Norma tomorrow. I'll try editing her when she moves in if it comes to it.
It's probably because you tried editing a villager that isn't loaded into the 'moving in' slot. Cubs work fine (I changed one of mine into Maple).

NoPyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been looking through it all day... but still nothing... what's the ID for Raymond? I tried 16 03 , but that one said corrupted save data... please help, I've looked through all the thread but I didn't find anything...

IIIRC Raymond should have the id 04 17, unless I'm completely wrong which is always possible, I believe you can find a list of villager ids in the source for the unreleased MyHorizons save editor, under resources, so if I'm wrong I'd recommend you check there.

Last edited by NoPyro,

EquallyLost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
IIIRC Raymond should have the id 04 17, unless I'm completely wrong which is always possible, I believe you can find a list of villager ids in the source for the unreleased MyHorizons save editor, under resources, so if I'm wrong I'd recommend you check there.
thx! do you know where are the houses in the main.dat file so that I can place Raymond in one of those?

NoPyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thx! do you know where are the houses in the main.dat file so that I can place Raymond in one of those?
I'm not exactly sure, I mostly started poking around in my save to try and change the island rep. but from what I can tell you might be able to search for the id of a villager you already have and check if the other ids can be found nearby, if so you might just be able to overwrite them there

EquallyLost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not exactly sure, I mostly started poking around in my save to try and change the island rep. but from what I can tell you might be able to search for the id of a villager you already have and check if the other ids can be found nearby, if so you might just be able to overwrite them there
How to? HxD won't blet me look for any IDs...

Btw, idk why but When I have talked to Raymond once, the second time, no dialogue is shown, and it instantly stops talking to me...

NoPyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Btw, idk why but When I have talked to Raymond once, the second time, no dialogue is shown, and it instantly stops talking to me...
After decrypting you should just be able to go to search and type in, for example, "0507" and set it to search the hex, then check if the ids for your other villagers can be found nearby

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.