ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

lennurs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't link it due to my account age, but it's easily viewable if you search "animal crossing new horizons discord" on Google. it's the large one with 30kish members

their invite link is just discordapp.com/acnh
oh if its the one i think yall are talking about i got banned from it because mods there are sensitive pansies lol if you can get me teh direct link of the spreadsheet id be thankful

alxrite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, you would need the flags for it to work. The item isn't listed like that in the files, so my tool doesn't add it there.

Flags are stored either directly after the ID or 2 bytes after that, don't remember rn.

I see, can I ask where people are getting the IDs for the recipes then? Or did I just miss something while reading? I am looking to get the recipe ID and then set the correct flag.

Reactions: rafpoop

alxrite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks @AnalogMan. I guess I am just too tired and need to rest. I am not understanding it all. I will try again after some sleep.

[Itemslot 1 Bunny DIY Recipe 9]
04100000 AC3B90C0 000016A2 <--- Means item is recipe, right?
04100000 AC3B90C4 000002B0 <--- How is this the Water-Egg Shell Recipe if the Water-Egg Shell ID is 30E2

04100000 AC3B90C0 000016A2
04100000 AC3B90C4 000030E2 <--- Wouldn't work right?

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks @AnalogMan. I guess I am just too tired and need to rest. I am not understanding it all. I will try again after some sleep.

04100000 AC3B90C0 000016A2 <--- Means item is recipe, right?
04100000 AC3B90C4 000002B0 <--- How is this the Water-Egg Shell Recipe if the Water-Egg Shell ID is 30E2

Because the flag isn't the ID of them item you are trying to create, which is why we still need to find that list.

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm going to be dead honest here, unless someone finds the file which specifies which flag corresponds to which item is being created by DIY recipes, there won't be a list. I looked at files for over an hour now and don't even have a starting clue.
You all just cheat the items themselves anyways. :P

Reactions: SonyUSA

Ultimos54

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ayy guys I posted a folder with all insects,fossils,fish in https://gbatemp.net/threads/cheat-codes-ams-and-sx-os-add-and-request.520293/page-1049 The codes seem to be working well, just insects and fish DO NOT GET ADDED TO YOUR LIST, they get added to your inventory and to the museum but not the insect/fish list itself, anyone know how to fix this?
I know it has something to do probably with a flag when you do capture it ingame instead of adding it automatically to your inventory.
I've posted what I've tried on my OP post on the link provided.

We need a unlock all Insect/Fish code list code!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It is very annoying, I have the codes to get ALL the museum stuff,to which they get added but not saved to your insect/fish list in the ZL button screen app

Keromi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might seem nitpicky, but if anyone finds a way to edit the dates on our Nook Miles stamps let me know!

I skipped forward a month at the beginning of the game and then immediately jumped back to current time JUST to unlock the messy bedhead hairstyle. Made the mistake of doing a house upgrade before the time skip, and now the date on my stamp for the first house upgrade is a whole month after the stamps for my second, third, etc. home upgrades.

I should ignore it but it's really nagging at me, and it seems like something that wouldn't be TOO difficult to edit. Unfortunately I never know what I am doing in Hex editors.

Last edited by Keromi,
D

Deleted User

Hi...Kinda new to switch hacking, used checpoint before only to do some pokemon stuff, but from what i get checkpoint doesn't work for this? Is there some sort of faq on how to start editing the game, or at least get in advance and back it up? I read some posts and i saw it's not fully cracked yet, i saw a list of ids for the corrisponding items which is a lot already(thanks) but i really wouldn't know where to start even with my save backup.

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So here’s the deal, you can use JKSV to export the save on your Switch and import it on your girlfriends but there’s an issue. When she boots the game up it’ll tell her there are villagers without players and it will ask her which villager she wishes to take over. If her villager wasn’t the Representative then even when she logs into her game she won’t be able to progress the island at all. If her villager is the representative then she’ll be fine.

We just discovered that, she isn't getting the same prompts that im getting,
Is there any way to make her villlager the representative?

Ultimos54

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i already wrote that @EmanueleBGN on MY post above and one my OP post where i placed MY folder.
We need to somehow create a code to unlock them both, or find the address where they are stored and edit.
I have no idea what to do.

D

Deleted User

Is there any chance of a weed removal cheat or anything of the sort popping up anytime soon?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oh now that is good news