ROM Hack Animal Crossing New Horizons Item Spawning Tool

MyShiLingStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi!
Can anyone bring back the shortcout to spawn the item with the F2 key that was in the previous release before the 1.2 update? Thanks

Updated:
Add "F2" to spawn item/recipe.
Add a Message box in the middle to show you what you have just spawned.
Fixed some of the image displaying bug.

release4.png

Attachments

• Release4.zip
    107.5 KB · Views: 115

nickerous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would this work on windows 7? I installed the first version but got an exception when tried to download images. I just got my ACNH updated to 1.2 so haven’t tried it yet. Also never taken this switch off airplane mode. I. Guessing I would set it up on the same WiFi network but change the dns addresses.....right?

MyShiLingStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Would this work on windows 7? I installed the first version but got an exception when tried to download images. I just got my ACNH updated to 1.2 so haven’t tried it yet. Also never taken this switch off airplane mode. I. Guessing I would set it up on the same WiFi network but change the dns addresses.....right?

Not sure about Window 7. But I don't see anything that would break it. You can still use it without downloading any images.
As for you connection, make sure to use 90dns.

MyShiLingStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The fork for v0.6 is here with the source code

https://github.com/Rwasghar/acnhpoker/releases

I have tried that. The release .exe does have the "F2" shortcut.
But if you download the source code and compile, it is no where to be found.
The part that he/she add the "F2" shortcut has not been commited.

But no worry, I have my own implementation on my release4 already.

Reactions: Z3nZ3s and Kru5h

Kru5h

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Setting up DNS90. Go to main Switch menu screen

(*)
System settings (cog icon)
[Internet]
[Internet settings]

select the wifi hub you are connected to or wish to connect to e.g. BT , Talk Talk, etc
[Change settings]
[DNS settings]
change to Manual and input 163.172.141.219 for the Primary and Secondary DNS's,
[Save] the settings

You can now connect to the outside world and bypass Nintendo's servers.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have tried that. The release .exe does have the "F2" shortcut.
But if you download the source code and compile, it is no where to be found.
The part that he/she add the "F2" shortcut has not been commited.

But no worry, I have my own implementation on my release4 already.

Perfect, I miss this function too, really useful, appreciated

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

works this tool on sxos?

No doesnt work on SXOS but you can dual boot between SXOS and Atmosphere

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so lets say I play with some one on local on a switch lite and I have them come over to my hacked switch will player 2 work for them?

MyShiLingStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Did you include updated images? Img file has nothing but 2 images.. Can u include? Please and Thanks !

You can get the IMAGEZIP here:
https://github.com/KingLycosa/acnhpoker/releases
Noted that it is still not complete and I am too lazy to work on that.

Does the player 2 function work for player 3-4 and so on?

No, but if you can find the inventory addresses for player 3 & 4. It can be easily added.

so lets say I play with some one on local on a switch lite and I have them come over to my hacked switch will player 2 work for them?

No, only the second character created on the same switch.

Last edited by MyShiLingStar,

Kru5h

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can get the IMAGEZIP here:
https://github.com/KingLycosa/acnhpoker/releases
Noted that it is still not complete and I am too lazy to work on that.

No, but if you can find the inventory addresses for player 3 & 4. It can be easily added.
No, only the second character created on the same switch.

@MyShiLingStar , @hellsadvocate , @kinglycosa

Is it possible to find the following memory locations?

* Player's House storage (80 slots) initial slots
* Chest inside Nook's place (20 slots) holds stuff left over from the day before? Player 2 can access this in 2 player mode

This would give an additional 100 storage slots.
Nook's chest will swap out new items that are found though after the close of each day.

Cheat finder should be able to locate the slots if we know the item ID and quantity , assuming they're stored in the same format
Visitor slots should also be discoverable using the same method I guess? So P3 and P4 ought to be possible?

• House built - 80 storage spaces
  • First house upgrade - 120 storage spaces
  • Second house upgrade - 240 storage spaces
  • Third house upgrade - 320 storage spaces
  • Fourth house upgrade - 400 storage spaces
  • Fifth house upgrade - 800 storage spaces
  • Etc.
I have 1600 slots in the house available, someone else was reporting 3200 but not sure if this is true

Regards

Last edited by Kru5h,

catlady77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MyShiLingStar , @hellsadvocate , @kinglycosa

Is it possible to find the following memory locations?

* Player's House storage (80 slots) initial slots
* Chest inside Nook's place (20 slots) holds stuff left over from the day before? Player 2 can access this in 2 player mode

This would give an additional 100 storage slots.
Nook's chest will swap out new items that are found though after the close of each day.

Cheat finder should be able to locate the slots if we know the item ID and quantity , assuming they're stored in the same format
Visitor slots should also be discoverable using the same method I guess? So P3 and P4 ought to be possible?

• House built - 80 storage spaces
  • First house upgrade - 120 storage spaces
  • Second house upgrade - 240 storage spaces
  • Third house upgrade - 320 storage spaces
  • Fourth house upgrade - 400 storage spaces
  • Fifth house upgrade - 800 storage spaces
  • Etc.
I have 1600 slots in the house available, someone else was reporting 3200 but not sure if this is true

Regards

you get more storage with additional players but not over 1600 per player
also im working to add pics to recipes and I noticed some errors

Under recipes

stone table listed twice
incorrect name: log brown table = log round table
incorrect name: log wall-mounted flock = log wall-mounted clock
listing for: No name* - it's a blank

Last edited by catlady77,
Reactions: Kru5h

Kru5h

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you get more storage with additional players but not over 1600 per player
also im working to add pics to recipes and I noticed some errors

Under recipes

stone table listed twice
incorrect name: log brown table = log round table
incorrect name: log wall-mounted flock = log wall-mounted clock
listing for: No name* - it's a blank

Thanks for this, appreciated, I've taken lists from wherever I can find them, I'll start to combine for a complete list and remove any duplicates and typos as we find them.

There are a huge amount of recipes and I think its wise to keep these as a separate csv as per release 4
Makes it far easier to navigate, all told there are in excess of 8000 items/recipes

I've found most of the Art / Sculpture pics and although I've got most of the wedding pics, and some shrubs I'm going to redo these with transparencies rather than solid backgrounds , they look far better, same as Kings pics

There are alot of variants/customisable items that have 3-8 images so we also need a method for handling these too

Reactions: catlady77

catlady77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this, appreciated, I've taken lists from wherever I can find them, I'll start to combine for a complete list and remove any duplicates and typos as we find them.

There are a huge amount of recipes and I think its wise to keep these as a separate csv as per release 4
Makes it far easier to navigate, all told there are in excess of 8000 items/recipes

I've found most of the Art / Sculpture pics and although I've got most of the wedding pics, and some shrubs I'm going to redo these with transparencies rather than solid backgrounds , they look far better, same as Kings pics

There are alot of variants/customisable items that have 3-8 images so we also need a method for handling these too

oh god... trying to manually key in customized objects will be a lot of work lol

speaking of transparency ...
and you're welcome! I'd thought I'd give back since you guys literally update multiple times a day.

Attachments

• 99K Bells.png
    99K Bells.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 107

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think