Android Scrolling Wallpaper

Discussion in 'Android' started by Selim873, Apr 3, 2011.

Apr 3, 2011

Android Scrolling Wallpaper by Selim873 at 10:16 PM (1,363 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Selim873
    OP

Member Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

United States
    I'm getting an LG Vortex most likely tomorrow. So I loaded up GIMP and started to make a wallpaper for it. I looked up and found out the the phone's screen resolution is 320x480, and when you scroll left and right on the device, I'm also aware that the wallpaper itself shifts. So I made the height resolution 480 since it's the largest, then I set the width to auto, which set that to 640, since the final image was 1024x768. And also seeing that there are 3 pages (If more, let me know, hopefully an odd number), including one center page (Which is why it needs to be odd), here's a chart. The bright different colored borders represent each page. Will this work like how I planned? I hope it does, creative yes? [​IMG]

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Without borders

Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    I don't know how much the screen shifts by per scroll, honestly. I've got the same resolution screen, so I'll try setting my phone to 3 home screens and see if your image works that way.

3. FireEmblemGuy

United States
    Yeah, that seems to work. If there's more than 3 homescreens it won't slide by the same factor, but regardless you'll get the left end of the image on the far left page, and the right end on the right page.

4. Selim873
    OP

Member Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

United States
    Thank you! That's the exact answer I was looking for! [​IMG]

What device are you using?

5. FireEmblemGuy

United States
    An HTC Aria, which is pretty similar to the Vortex hardware-wise, just with a little less RAM.

6. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    the way you did it will work fine for 3 homescreens, however more homescreens just makes it scroll the background less, the picture doesn't need to be longer