Android OS on Switch Ultimate Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by LightyKD, Jan 24, 2018.

1. phillyrider807

phillyrider807 GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2009
    United States
    Smoker1 and wicksand420 like this.
  2. seanp2500

seanp2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2010
    United States
    omg at soul calibre disgusting

3. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    this didn't aged well lmao
    android on switch turned out to be really useful, specially for people like me that rather playing PC/PS4 games due to graphics being better and games not being ported to switch, being able to stream it to my switch with low delay is really great

4. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
  5. phillyrider807

phillyrider807 GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2009
    United States
    Idk i only tried SA.

Smoker1 likes this.
  6. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Blank

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Aug 4, 2019
  7. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    Wait. Are you seriously suggesting that it's a better idea for somebody spend a significant amount of additional money on a whole new device, than run Android on a Switch that they already own?

I get that some people just don't like Android. And I get that some people just don't like it on the Switch but the fact is there's really no sound way to justify it not being on Switch so it's really better that the people who don't like it for their own personal reasons just keep quiet rather than make themselves look silly by spouting illogical nonsensical reasoning to try and backup their views.

8. TheGreatBurglar

TheGreatBurglar Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2019
    United States
    Has anyone tried out DamonPS2 to see how it runs?

9. EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    Are you saying that people dont have phones able to do EVERYTHING you will be or can do on the Switch with Android?

Unless you own a iPhone. You will really go through all that just to run Android?

10. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Yeah.......based on the Reviews, probably not.

11. HulkWogan

HulkWogan Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yes I'd assume that is what everybody other than yourself is saying, obviously not everyone has a phone or tablet, you may, and I do but that isn't relevant as we can't speak for everybody.

Android is running great (and will get better) and despite having many devices including a Shield TV and Shield tablet I still find myself tinkering with this more than actually playing Switch games, it isn't difficult to set up or launch so I don't see any point in your argument at all.

MonMonz and Pleng like this.
  12. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    Well done for ignoring my question and answering a completely different one.

Yes my phone runs Android. But the screen is smaller, and I actually like to save my battery for, you know, making phone calls.

If you're going to be carrying a Switch with you anyway, it'll be an objectively superior experience to use that over your phone for just about any activity from gaming, to spreadsheets,to watching movies, to remote control of computers. The only thing that I can imagine it wouldn't be better for is navigation, due to the lack of GPS

HulkWogan likes this.
  13. SpaceJump

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    I gave this a try and got it running. Very good first release!

Two things I noticed:
    • I have two Wifi connections at my home, but none of them are recognized. Instead I can see the neighbour's Wifis. Is there a known issue regarding Wifi?
    • I'm using an 128GB Micro SD. On my PC the FAT32 partition is only around 2GB. Where are the other spaces? Shouldn't the FAT32 partition be around 100GB?

14. AkGBA

AkGBA Nope

Feb 14, 2007
    France
    About the SD space : the internal space is formated in ext4 filesystem. Can't be seen on Windows natively.
    The 2 GB fat32 filesystem partition is only used to boot.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I didn't tinker a lot with wifi, but I could connect to my 5 GHz home network. And I could see my 2.4 GHz.

15. SpaceJump

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    I see. So how do I get roms and apks on that partition?

16. AkGBA

AkGBA Nope

Feb 14, 2007
    France
    Google Drive or similar / USB transfer on dock / web download (apkpure, etc...) / FTP.

At least for now. Should get easier to transfer files to Switch later. It's the first beta, after all.

Last edited by AkGBA, Aug 4, 2019
    CrazyRach82 and SpaceJump like this.
  17. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Is their a place you can drop zip files on sd card that you can access in android? I try and download from google drive on android does bugger all :P. Literally just returns me to google.

18. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 2, 2015
    Anyone have this problem where suddenly you'll get a full screen advert, no matter what app you're running?

Wondering if I somehow infected myself with Malware, as it's very malware like, but I'm not seeing anything installed in the apps that looks suspicious.
    AVG and McAfee also find nothing, but it's happening enough that it has me ever so slightly suspicious.

19. Phoenixrite

Phoenixrite Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2018
    South Africa
    ok so this seems old? android has already been released im just looking for a simple way to setup my SD card so i can run android on my switch. However im LAZY and have only used SXOS i have not fiddled much with my switch. i dunno much about Hekate and how to set it up etc coz SXOS is just too easy to use. Hence anyone got a guide for Android from scratch or how to do it using SXOS or something? Much appreciated.

20. Snomannen_kalle

Snomannen_kalle GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2018
    Norway
    You could try an app called Malwarebytes -- it specifically targets adware and other potentially unwanted programs

StarGazerTom likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted