Android OS on Switch Ultimate Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by LightyKD, Jan 24, 2018.

1. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 2, 2015
    Oh shit, I didn't know Malware Bytes has an android version! Cheers for that! Will check that too.

Snomannen_kalle likes this.
  2. Phoenixrite

Phoenixrite Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2018
    South Africa
    Use ADM for android maybe its an advanced download manager, Maybe it will work.

3. StarGazerTom

Feb 2, 2015
    Thought Id reply to this again, that got it :) Seems I installed a fake app by mistake. Cheers again! :)

hippy dave and Snomannen_kalle like this.
  4. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Is that a play store app? I also have files on a USB stick but how to access through the dock??
    Sorry I am complete noob with android, really appreciate the help!

5. SpaceJump

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    To answer my own question: Yaba Sanshiro works great, even in 720p!

Btw, maybe I'm missing something but my Joycons aren't connected. Do I have to do something manually to connect them?

6. HulkWogan

HulkWogan Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hit the sync button on joycons and pair in Bluetooth settings, if you are referring to in the emulator then I haven't tested it.

SpaceJump likes this.
  7. SpaceJump

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    Ok, I got all sorted out and working :)

Is it ok to use an Android-configured Micro SD card set up on a Switch and use it on a different Switch?

8. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Can anyone confirm usb support works? If so how to drag files and drop them into storage? Do they need to be a particular format??

9. SpaceJump

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    USB doesn't work afaik, but you can use this to tranfer files easily.

wicksand420 and Basketto like this.
  10. wakabayashy

wakabayashy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    France
    so saturn works greats

Last edited by wakabayashy, Aug 4, 2019
  11. StarGazerTom

Feb 2, 2015
    Basketto likes this.
  12. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
  13. EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    You can just buy a Switch like controller for your phone. Phones from like 5 to 8 years ago have better tech than the Switch. Like better screen, resolution, WiFi, etc. So watching movies and everything else is better on the phone.

Its funny that people that play on their phone cant be called gamers because Android. Now gamers wanna put Android on their consoles.

Im sorry I see zero point on having Android on the Switch. It doesnt make sense at all. You can also just buy one of those Chinese consoles with Android.

14. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Blank

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Aug 4, 2019
  15. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    Resolution is vanity, size is sanity.

And, seriously, the screen on the Switch is way better than on my phone and Wifi is equal so... What's your point again?

Really I have no idea what you're talking about.

So, again, your argument is to spend more money on something when you already have a device capable of performing the same task? Ironically this is completely contradictory to your other argument that you shouldn't use Android here because of phones.

You don't like Android. Fine. Just say that than continually spout incoherent, nonsesical arguments about why you think it's "useless"

LordRahl72 and tiliarou like this.
  16. HulkWogan

HulkWogan Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Your first sentence is simply not true, your second sounds like you were once butt hurt because somebody called you out for playing Candy Crush and the third is on you.

If you don't wish to have it then move along and let the users that are interested discuss the subject without your pointless intervention.

17. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Controller input lag over bluetooth is still shit on most android devices. This Switch build has a lot of issues but the joycons and anything connected as a pro controller are very responsive. Plus even a crappy 720p LCD is easier on my eyes for retro games at 6.2 inches than a phone-sized oLED. Not to mention ease of docking, access to NVIDIA shield exclusive services, and easy rooting which few manufacturers allow these days. As an Android phone owner I'm plenty excited for this project.

18. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Just tried the pro version i downloaded free(not a chance im paying some knob developer that charges people for other peoples work and releases as his own closed source project)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=TQ2xKAqHcKA

Link to the free pro version, note you need to go to settings/apps/pcsx2 and clear data every time. Or you get a white screen on next open.
    On full performance settings for battery options Jak & daxter was supposedly getting 60fps. The textures are fked though for that game.

19. StarGazerTom

Feb 2, 2015
    Settings > Battery > profile :) move the slider up and down to make more powerful or less :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oh, separate post from my last, do we have or know of any keyboard apps that we can use with controllers? Sometimes is hard to type on such a large tablet.

Basketto likes this.
  20. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Leanback keyboard is one that's been recommended.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted