analog stick

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by aarjab, May 25, 2010.

1. aarjab
    OP

aarjab Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2009
    United States
    I have Assaissin's Creeed bloodlines and the controls are really confusing. I have to use the analog stick to move and I'm not really used to that. Is there any way I use my d pad to move? Or am I stuck like this [​IMG]. By the way, I just bought my psp.

2. sword414

sword414 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2008
    Canada
    yea... nobody is gonna make a button re-map hack for just one single person plus the d-pad can't detect pressure or anything so you can't choose between walk or run.

3. aarjab
    OP

aarjab Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2009
    United States
    Yeah woops big mistake. I just realized almost all of the games on the psp use analog sticks for movement. Better just get used to the analog stick. Starting to get the hang of it [​IMG]

4. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    @CrashmanX
    How are you not? Granted you just bought a PSP, dont you have any other sort of game system? PS1, N64, PS2, GameCube, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii???

5. shakespeare

shakespeare Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2007
    United States
    Hopefully they make the analog stick a little more comfortable if another PSP comes out. Not a big fan of the GO.

6. ragingchaosgod

ragingchaosgod JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG

Dec 20, 2008
    XD Don't worry about it. I prefer the dpad myself but eventually, I got used to the analogue stick.

7. Jolan

Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Mar 20, 2010
    Netherlands, currently
    Why did nobody mention JoySense?

8. aarjab
    OP

aarjab Member

Newcomer
    May 2, 2009
    United States
    Oh I saw what was wrong. My analog stick is not long. Its flat. The length from the stick to the psp is less than 1 cm. Is it suppose to be like this?

9. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    Yes, that's why we commonly refer to it as the "analogue nub" instead of "analogue stick"
    A plugin such as Macrofire or Joysense might be able to remap the analog nub to the D-Pad but it will mine you only have digital control so you're either stopped or running in game

10. shakespeare

shakespeare Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2007
    United States
    Had not heard of that before. Looks cool. [​IMG]