Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:
Category said:
The only time this will be an issue is if you have installed the Backup loader wad-file channel. In that case you will need to remove the old wad, and reinstall the new wad, which is a lot more hassle.

unless they have the same four-character channel-id,
then you can just overwrite it, at least on 3.2

I had issues with that on 3.3u, after installing an NTSC channel, then trying to overwrite it with the same channel that had been FreeTheWad'ed, and I got errors (can't remember the exact error). I would err on the side of caution after that, and always remove before re-installing.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Resident_Evil_The_Umbrella_Chronicles_USA_
That's RE 4 isn't it?! If so it works on mine....
So far all the games Ive tested for NTSC work..I am getting more just havent finished getting them..

Others tested...
LEGOS Batman
DeBlob
StarWars Force Unleashed

They all work...the video is a little slow but the actual gameplay works fine.

I never did get the browser to work...keeps saying this channel cannot be used...

Other than that....great mods!

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
IronMask said:
Resident_Evil_The_Umbrella_Chronicles_USA_
That's RE 4 isn't it?! If so it works on mine....

Nope, thats the RE "lightgun" game - not resi 4, but more a retelling of all the others, in on-rails lightgun style - pretty fun, to be honest, but not your average Resi. Well worth a play through though, if you've played the others! (or even if you havn't)

bambam95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been trying to play samba de amigo (pal) on my wii (ntsc).So i opened the loader, forced ntsc and loaded the game.evrything worked fine until I tryed to start a song.It just stayed at the loading screen. What happened?

ciper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IronMask said:
Has anyone tried doing this with Waninoko's region free patch? Just wandering...because it seems like I find alot more PAL then NTSC in the places I search for more games to download...

If the loader is updated..if I just download and copy the new and replace the old to the SD card will the Wii just update itself to that Backup Loader automatically?
Or do I have to follow those steps again?
Usually the PAL versions will work with your NTSC console if you choose the right option from within WiiGators launcher.

You can just overwrite the file on your sd card and it should be fine.

thelovemonk

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the entire metroid trilogy so no its not stolen or anything else.

I was just playing around with the backup loader and was thinking can anything be done at the moment.
I understand eventually someone will fix the bugs and the loading time will improve.

And yes I am one of those people who like to keep their games in mint condition unfortunately I fail at it since I am usually changing games and playing one thing or another.

I'm only asking this just for the sake of the backup loader I won't really play the game with such annoyingly long load time when the original is sitting nearby.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
What is this new unofficial version? what changes have been made? are there any problems? Sorry if this was previously answered, but I didn't want to read 17 pages of text.

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
midna25 said:
What is this new unofficial version? what changes have been made? are there any problems? Sorry if this was previously answered, but I didn't want to read 17 pages of text.

No changes have been made, except that it is open source, so anybody can modify it. Hopefully that will lead to some faster progress on load times (unlikely, as that is more a problem of libdi) and compatibility (which has a few problems, but they are mostly linked to load times).

So to a non-developer, there is no difference whatsoever.

ciper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
midna25 said:
The second version of this software changes the text and graphics to remove any mention of Gecko OS or Nuke from the software.

IronMask

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
So back to the loading either PAL or NTSC on my Wii 3.3u is just changing the NTSC to PAL in the Backup Loader menu? Or should I try and install the region free mod as well...then again how will the loader check for the region free mod? anyways this would be awesome if all you have to do is select between the 2 formats.. then again... i think i am asking for too much as well....being that i am playing [ahem] free games.....

keep it up fellas....ur definatley teaching this old dawg new tricks!
yaynds.gif

Also... just wandering does this play games used by the Wiiscrubber?

my_darxide

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all this mention of new version has got me wondering when the newest version was released. (just making sure I am using the newest one)

atari7800

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IronMask said:
Also... just wandering does this play games used by the Wiiscrubber?

I've tested Wiiscrubbed images and non-Wiiscrubbed of the same game, and both seem to work the same. If there is any difference at all, it is negligible. So, in short, yes.

Bananna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[NTSC] Lego Batman

I'm using an NTSC Wii.

It works great, the only thing is loading and that takes about 10 seconds. But, very little parts need loading in the game.
I got no errors, I am using AV and I get color. Gameplay is smooth and ingame cutscenes do not skip frames or get laggy.
The only video related lagging was the preview for Guinness Book World Records: The Game, that was an optional in the menu.

IronMask

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
For Starwars Force Unleashed [NTSC] in the Duel Mode it locks up for me.
That is probably the first major bug I've run into...

As for the guy asking about he is now wondering what version we are all using? Just download DJTaz's latest update and look in there..I believe that actual loader is just 0.1

I wish I knew a little more about coding....because there are still some bugs... I don't know if it has anything to do with the speed I am burning the .ISO files at or what?! I usually just let imgburn do it auto and the speed burns somewhere around 1.5x or so... Is that good?! Or should I set it manually?

Bananna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IronMask said:
For Starwars Force Unleashed [NTSC] in the Duel Mode it locks up for me.
That is probably the first major bug I've run into...

As for the guy asking about he is now wondering what version we are all using? Just download DJTaz's latest update and look in there..I believe that actual loader is just 0.1

I wish I knew a little more about coding....because there are still some bugs... I don't know if it has anything to do with the speed I am burning the .ISO files at or what?! I usually just let imgburn do it auto and the speed burns somewhere around 1.5x or so... Is that good?! Or should I set it manually?

You are supposed to burn it at 2x. But it really doesn't matter.

SpongeFreak52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a disc is designed to be burned at a certain speed (such as 16x), then by all means it should be burned at that speed. I have burned at AUTO speed for every one of my discs onto normal Memorex 16x DVD-Rs, and they all work perfectly.

If you're skeptical about the rare errors however, just check the "Verify" box on ImgBurn to make sure everything went OK during the burn. All I'm saying is that if your disc can handle it, burn as high a speed that you can. Overall WITH verification, it will be much faster than burning at 2x, with the same result.

Bananna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use 16x Sony's, but I don't mind putting it on 2x because it only takes 14 minutes with verify on to burn it. Plus, it's better to be on the safe side.

ZeroBullet

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
surcouf84 said:
ZeroBullet said:
I'm getting the error ret -4100 in the original dol and the error dvd id failed in the new one
I tried everything on this topic
maybe the problem is in the ISO's burn
I'm using the patch WiiBackupPatcher.exe, there is another one? Is this the best patcher?
it's because your dvd haven't the good booktype.
booktype to dvd-rom
If your ISO Or/AND your directory contain special or space characters before using the patch, you can get the error ret -4100.
the error ret -4100 is DRE.
I burned a second time with these settings (booktype dvd-rom) and the file's name was res.iso and were located into C:\iso
still the same error

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the converted ISO suppose to be way smaller then the original?

Like the orginal is 4.5gb and the wiibackuppatcher converts it to ~4.06gb

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NeoNight said:
is the converted ISO suppose to be way smaller then the original?

Like the orginal is 4.5gb and the wiibackuppatcher converts it to ~4.06gb

It's decrypted. The software always produces an ISO which is 3,99GB in size.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto