Gaming An indepth RPG?

Colin_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like with character customization and equips? I want something that I can roam around trying to gather things to get better gear? I guess something like marrowind(yes I know its not on the ds) but for the ds?

Colin_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played them and they just don't have that feel I am going for, and I know it just might be that the ds does not have the power to bring what I am looking for to it. That some what open world and change a armor piece and you see it change kind of thing is what I am mainly looking for.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Tough luck, Phantasy Star Zero and KH are the closest that you can get to customizing equips and stuff.If you want the "change an armor piece and you see it change" kind of thing go get a PSP and play Monster Hunter. It isn't free roaming though.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Raika said:
Tough luck, Phantasy Star Zero and KH are the closest that you can get to customizing equips and stuff.If you want the "change an armor piece and you see it change" kind of thing go get a PSP and play Monster Hunter. It isn't free roaming though.

there is a fuck ton of gathering to be done, though.

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Also Try Need for Speed
You can customise Cars and your Role in the game is to race.
biggrin.gif

LFF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Soma Bringer might be your thing. It's a hack-n-slash action RPG with a pretty open world, and fairly wide character customization. You'll need the translation patch though.

TheViolentOne

Trophies
XP
Country
kaiju busters its a monster hunter clone for ds but you have to kill the same stupid monster 3 time maybe more to get an armor or weapon because you createyour weapon or armor from the monsters skins and I think its good enough you can try it

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean ES3:Morrowind, try Fighting Fantasy. Same kinda first-person RPG thing although it's not REALLY open-world (you can freely explore but there's not that much of a map).

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I've heard that the difficulty curve in FF is so hard it's not even worth trying.

Now.. I know that the sprites of your characters don't change and it's not exactly Freeroaming until the end of the game... But...

The World Ends With You.

Empoleom

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the dark spire its a cool first person rpg, you can earn gold and exp in killing enemies in the tower to customize your party in the town

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what about Front mission ? I'm sure you can customize your characters a lot different way.
This is a tactical RPG, with Mech to customize parts (arms, weapons, shoulder's weapon, legs or chains, etc.)
Of course it's not a Morrowind-like.

The story is nice (what I've heard from people playing it), and has great bases on current and futuristic world history.
"Front mission: Gun hazard" is good too (spin off on Snes, after episode 1)
I loved Front Mission 3, a tactical as well (PSX). FM 2 is in real time 3D (but in japanese on psx only).

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bialy_gibson said:
Wait for Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (or try japanese version).

I was also going to suggest DQ IX, lots of customization, that actually shows up on your character. It hasn't been localized yet but there is a menu patch out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: