Hacking An idea for Metroid Prime Trilogy without USB or DualLayer disc

Will you play the new Metroid Prime Trilogy game?

• Yes, and I will use the original DVD to play!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but my Wii can't read dual layer DVDs so I'll transfer it to a USB drive

• Yes, but my Wii can't read dual layer DVDs so I'll copy it to two separate discs like this thread sh

• No, I already played these games on the GameCube

• No, I don't like Metroid

• Total voters

xombi-mp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii_128 said:
What I'm thinking is to rip the MPT iso to my PC and, using Wiiscrubber, erasing everything except the menu data and data from the first MP game (that means erasing MP2 and MP3), and then burning it. Then I'd do the same but instead of not erasing MP1, I wouldn't erase MP2 and burn, and then everything but MP3 and burn. That way, you can have the Trilogy in 3 single layer discs, and you'd choose one disc depending in wich game you play; and since all of them have the menu data, the difficulty level wouln't randomly change.

This idea intrigues me. I would like to try it, but I've never used Wii Scrubber before. I have it downloaded and the metroid trilogy iso loaded. I'm wondering how to exactly "erase" something. When I right click on a file it says extract or replace, no delete option. Would I use the Partition Builder and just extract what I need and create a new partition that way? I really want to see if this will work.

heph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii_128 said:
What I'm thinking is to rip the MPT iso to my PC and, using Wiiscrubber, erasing everything except the menu data and data from the first MP game (that means erasing MP2 and MP3), and then burning it. Then I'd do the same but instead of not erasing MP1, I wouldn't erase MP2 and burn, and then everything but MP3 and burn. That way, you can have the Trilogy in 3 single layer discs, and you'd choose one disc depending in wich game you play; and since all of them have the menu data, the difficulty level wouln't randomly change.

God I hope this works.

*crosses fingers*

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
This idea intrigues me. I would like to try it, but I've never used Wii Scrubber before. I have it downloaded and the metroid trilogy iso loaded. I'm wondering how to exactly "erase" something. When I right click on a file it says extract or replace, no delete option. Would I use the Partition Builder and just extract what I need and create a new partition that way? I really want to see if this will work.

well you wouldnt actually erase it...What you would do is find the SMALLEST CUTSCENE for example...EXTRACT THAT...and replace ALL THE CUTSCENES WITH THAT SMALL ONE (one at a time testing each) While you may not be able to replace every single Cutscene its very likely you can erase enough to make a decent single layer version (AS WE HAVE DONE WITH SMASH BROS AND WIISCRUBBER) and i imagine this is his goal (i planed on this as well AND I DO USE USB LOADER but i dont want MPT if its gonna waste 8 gigs IMO the lot isnt worth shit...only MP2 is of ANY interest to me on wii.....

But yes this should by ALL MEANS work just fine (This from a guy who has used wii scrubber to hack

The Conduit, (In Game Debug and well as replacing BIK video cinimatics in game!)

Smash bros, (Texture edits)

Mario Kart, (texture edits)

pokemon battle rev (sound mod with soplox)

I can tell you from experience IF YOU DO THIS TEST EACH MOD ONE FILE AT A TIME JUST BECAUSE ONE REPLACED AND WORKED DOES NOT MEAN ALL CUTSCENES CAN BE REPLACED

Best of luck ill look for this about...If nothing pops up ill jump on the mod wagon and see if i cant get it as well
wink.gif
planned on it anyways
tongue.gif

lolorlofl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Or you can just, I don't know, BUY it. I refuse to download it until I buy it. I don't do that to many games, but this game is really deserving of a purchase.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolorlofl said:
Or you can just, I don't know, BUY it. I refuse to download it until I buy it. I don't do that to many games, but this game is really deserving of a purchase.

So buy it and stop talking to us about how good your morals are.
@ first post - Just try harder than in the Veteran mode xD

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
You already can make the Video map of MP2 from 300MB to 9MB, with replacing all video files with the smallest video file.
biggrin.gif

I'm gonna try it too on MP1 and MP3

---
Done.

Video maps:

MP1 79MB => 7MB
MP2: 300MB => 9,55MB
MP3 420MB => 7,55MB

Original Videos: 799MB
"Scrubbed" Videos: 24,10MB

Total differences : 774,09 MB

Adr990

Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
D34DL1N3R said:
After deleting and/or removing files using Wiiscrubber, the iso which is output is still nearly 8GB. How do you get around this?
Delete / scrub more?
tongue.gif

QUOTE(darksun45230 @ Aug 29 2009, 06:27 PM) ^ I believe it's possible to replace the movie scenes with the lowest space consuming file.
Yes.
That was/is what I was/are doing.

They did do that with SSBB too. To 'scrub' it from DVD9 to DVD5.
smile.gif

darksun45230

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
darksun45230.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but must we 'scrub' the videos? I don't know about anyone else, but I have a 7.39 Micro SD and what I want is to make minimal cuts so as to preserve as much of the game as possible. Is there anyway I can accomplish this?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already replaced ALL files from MP3 & the size listed in Wiiscrubber was under the size of a dvd5. When I scrubbed the image after make all the changes... the resulting iso wsa the same size as the dvd9 - even though Wiiscrubber stated differently on the top right before clicking scrub.

Adr990

Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
darksun45230 said:
Yes, but must we 'scrub' the videos? I don't know about anyone else, but I have a 7.39 Micro SD and what I want is to make minimal cuts so as to preserve as much of the game as possible. Is there anyway I can accomplish this?
No, just replace all videos with the smallest video file.
smile.gif

QUOTE(D34DL1N3R @ Aug 29 2009, 06:43 PM) I already replaced ALL files from MP3 & the size listed in Wiiscrubber was under the size of a dvd5. When I scrubbed the image after make all the changes... the resulting iso wsa the same size as the dvd9 - even though Wiiscrubber stated differently on the top right before clicking scrub.
You need to trucha sing the disc partitions before doing this stuff. Else no changes will be made.
smile.gif

'replaced ALL files from MP3' replaced all files with the smallest files on the ISO?
Or open up all files with a Hex editor and make it really small? (Like only 00 big
tongue.gif
)

What did you do?
tongue.gif

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the Trucha sign tip.

Replaced with 0kb files. Would that not work beings Wiiscrubber already removes the MP3 portion of the iso?

Adr990

Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
It doesn't remove MP3 from the ISO.

But replace all files with 0kb beings, should work.
(To play MP1 and MP2 trough the menu.)

To do MP3 stuff trough the menu, I guess we need to burn two discs. One for MP1 & MP2 and one for MP3.

I'm gonna give it a shot.

darksun45230

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
darksun45230.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Adr990 said:
darksun45230 said:
No, just replace all videos with the smallest video file.
smile.gif

But doesn't that (and forgive me if I'm ignorant here) replace all the cutscenes in the game? Like I said I want to keep as much of the game as possible (cutscenes included unless there is no alternative) so does replacing all the videos with the smallest video file interfere with the games cutscenes/movies?

You need to trucha sing the disc partitions before doing this stuff. Else no changes will be made.
smile.gif

Is there a link or something to which I can learn of what "Trucha Sing" is? I assume it has to do with the Trucha option in Wii Scrubber?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so evidently I'm doing something wrong. I trucha signed both partitions then opened the iso in Wiiscrubber, deleted the update partition, replaced MP3 files with 0kb files, and clicked scrub.

Resulting iso is still 7.91 GB.

Tried resizing the partition to the minimum and I get the same size. Tried shrinking the partition and I get the same size. Tried using trim and I get the same size.

EDIT: Nevermind. I think I figured it out.
tongue.gif

ACK06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that you couldn't modify the game data without throwing off the SHA/MD5/HMAC tables, too. Or is this what Trucha accomplishes?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I didn't figure it out, lol. Still getting the same filesize even though scrubber reports 4202 MB.

@ACK06, I have no idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    dualbooth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +3
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Damn cleaned up 348GB's of crap I wasn't using with that lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But can it completely remove RealPlayer? Lol jk
    +2
    I remember at one point it being pretty much labeled as malware lol
    I think my favorite one was that dancing purple gorilla... I uninstalled that thing from sooo many machine people would be like "Why is my computer so slow?" lol because this thing is using like 30% of your system resources.....
    +1
    This one lady... her son kept installing Kazaa... OK no problem the issue is he would download DBZ movies and they where amazing usually like 2-8KB in size lol can't remember how many times I had to format and reinstall windows over his stupidity. I even explained to him about file sizes multiple times...
    yeah Bonzi buddy was malware sort of... It was borderline lol
    At minimum it was nothing anyone should have ever installed lol
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: At minimum it was nothing anyone should have ever installed lol +1