Hacking An exception has occurred

Snomannen_kalle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello guys, sorry if I post this in the wrong section, mods, please feel free to move the thread if that should be the case.

I'm not really familiar with the 3DS scene, so please be kind if there is an easy solution to this. A couple of months ago, I downloaded Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask from freeShop, along with a lot of other games. I played some of the games, but I never took the time to launch the Zelda game, until today. When I tried to run it, it displayed the usual 3DS logo, but once the loading screen showed up, it displayed for only a second before my 3DS crashed, and luma (I think) displays an error screen with a lot of info, and with the header "An exception has occured". All my other games (at least the ones I bothered trying, I have a lot of them) I have plays fine, however. First I tried to google the problem, but to no avail. I tried to run the game several times, but it didn't work any of the times, and I tried to update my version of Luma3DS, but that didn't work either, so now I do not know how to make the game work. If anyone can help me, that would be awesome.

I have a N3DS on firmware version 11.7.0-40E, have the most recent version of Luma3DS(9.1.7). I have the crash logs, but GBATemp told me the extension was not supported, so I have them available through mega if anyone needs them:
mega nz #F!woBhxIrB!xylQ0YlyQkx230B4pa_kZQ (not allowed to post links yet, so it has to look like this)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People here on the forum doesn't read crash dump, just show us the error screen, take a picture post it on a website that can host image, like imgur.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is strange, I don't have a game called Joker 3 installed on my 3DS, nor anywhere on my SD card

It point toward Majora Mask, did you just installed that?

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    13.6 KB · Views: 295

Snomannen_kalle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That makes sense, because that is the game I am having troubles with. No, I installed it from freeShop a couple of months ago (June or May, maybe), but I never tried to run it until today. Do you have any suggestions to what to do? Is uninstalling it the only option?

Last edited by Snomannen_kalle,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes sense, because that is the game I am having troubles with. No, I installed it from freeShop a couple of months ago (June or May, maybe), but I never tried to run it until today. Do you have any suggestions to what to do? Is uninstalling it the only option?

Okay what you can do is look for the last 8 digit of the current process ID, that is the game ID that I found on the 3DS title database, delete that , it should boot. Inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put in your SD card, go to the "Nintendo 3DS" Folder, you will see 1 or 2 folder with a bunch of number and alphabet letters, there is a folder call title, look for the 000D6E00, that should be Majora Mask Japanese version.

Snomannen_kalle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
All right, found it! Deleting that removes the game, I assume? Why not just uninstall it normally? And there is no way to fix the game to make it bootable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night