Hacking An Error messaged popped up and told me to shut off the N3ds, now I get a black screen.. help?

Savai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I'm new!

I've tried looking for a resolution and I can't seem to find one for this issue. I've successfully installed the CFW using the guide from 3ds.guide and it's been working fine for about 2 weeks now. All of sudden today, I got an error. It told me to shut down. And so I did and ever since then, I've had a black screen. The blue LED, wifi and charge lights come on, even the background music plays at the home menu.

I can still load hourglass and Luma by holding select or start when powering on. I've even tried restoring the NANDmin.bin file that I backed up and saved. However, I still get the same issue. I've tried turning on the N3DS with the SD card out of the system, but it flashes the blue LED and shuts off right away. However, it works fine with the SD card in it.

Has anyone ever had this issue? And if so, do you know how to fix it?? Thanks in advance.

Savai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean before the error? Honestly, I was taking a nap. My wife was up with the kids and I'm assuming they were just playing games on it like usual. But When I went to open my N3DS, that's what popped up. I've never had an issue with it until today. The kids played all their games just fine.

Savai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still nothing. Could it be the wifi card? I've read somewhere that it could be an issue.. but it doesn't make sense because all payloads and system updater loads up in recovery mode. It's like something is preventing the home page from booting even though the background music plays.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Still nothing. Could it be the wifi card? I've read somewhere that it could be an issue.. but it doesn't make sense because all payloads and system updater loads up in recovery mode. It's like something is preventing the home page from booting even though the background music plays.
Try rename "Nintendo 3DS" folder to something you can remember and booting your console.

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Try creating an emunand on your SD card with emunand9 and try using that after restoring your nand backup to emunand.
BEtter tell him to just use a backup that he has in hand. Too much clutter doing an emunand for that

Savai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try creating an emunand on your SD card with emunand9 and try using that after restoring your nand backup to emunand.

Do I do that in Hourglass? And also, I have an additional nand backup from my brothers 3ds. Would it work if I restored using his backup?

Edit, I see you posted to use EmuNand9.

Last edited by Savai,

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Do I do that in Hourglass? And also, I have an additional nand backup from my brothers 3ds. Would it work if I restored using his backup?
DONT DO IT, YOU'LL BRICK

ONLY USE NAND BACKUPS MADE FROM YOUR CONSOLE!

but yeah, on hourglass9

Last edited by rikumax25!,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
BEtter tell him to just use a backup that he has in hand. Too much clutter doing an emunand for that

The OP has already tried restoring the sysnand backup to sysnand. However it is possible that the NAND is messed up somehow which means restoring his sysnand backup to emunand may work even if restoring it to sysnand doesn't.

I believe creating an emunand must be done in emunand9 but once created you can restore your sysnand backup to emunand using hourglass9.

No, you can't use a nand backup from another 3DS, they are system specific. In fact, the whole point of the ctrnand transfer process is to get around that limitation.

Savai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok. I'll give it a chance and see if creating the emunand works once I get home. And thanks for the heads up on the other Nand. Glad I didn't do that. Lol. I appreciate all of your help.

Savai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright.. I've downloaded EmuNand9 however, I'm not sure what to do at this point. And also, is there anyway to start fresh? Basically like a format of the 3ds to stock firmware and just do everything again in regards of installing the CFW? Or am I pretty much out of luck until I can fix this black screen issue?

Last edited by Savai,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Alright.. I've downloaded EmuNand9 however, I'm not sure what to do at this point.
First backup your SD card.
Put the bin file in luma/payloads and name it (button)_emuNAND.bin and hold that button when you boot up.
Create an emuNAND.
When finished go back to the main menu and press Select to unmount SD card. Copy your backup back on but delete luma/config.bin. Put it back in and press B to remount.
Less Start to reboot.
The Luma config menu should come up - choose options that mean you will boot into emuNAND and press Start to reboot.

Reactions: Savai

Savai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'll go ahead and make a backup of the SD and try this out. And which backup am I copying back on? The sysnand backup that I have?

Last edited by Savai,

Savai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I see what you mean now. Copy the backup of the whole SD card. I'll let you know how it goes. And after I do that, and say it does fix the problem, do I have to reinstall the CFW again?

Last edited by Savai,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT