Hacking An error has occured

DoomRavager

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hello, I'm getting the black screen with "an error has occured" on a brand new Acekard 2i (as far as I can tell, no 1.4.1 patch) on a DSi with firmware 1.2E. I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Edit: Booting the DSi with the Acekard already inserted allows the DSi to detect its presence, though I still get a black screen when I launch, but inserting the Acekard after booting results in "no card inserted". I already tried the paper trick. Any ideas?

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well since u got ur DSi with 1.2E, that means u can still run the 1.4.1 update on ur acekard without having to use a DS lite.

So after u have done that, try to re-format ur MMC, and install a fresh copy of akaio 1.7.1 and then if ur still getting detection problems, try to add look at saturn's guide about how to properly insert and use the paper trick 0_o

DoomRavager

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
But I can't run the 1.4.1 update because the Acekard's not being properly detected by the DSi, and I have no access to another DS of any form. And I already followed the papertrick guide for all three kinds of papertrick - still no luck. In fact the flashkart is not loose in the slot at all, and raising the PCB with paper makes no difference. I already reformatted my MicroSD with the Panasonic SD formatter and installed a clean AKAIO 1.7.1.

EDIT: I can replicate the error if I pull out a retail card just as I launch it, so I think it is definitely a detection issue. I already tried the paper trick, are there any other options?

EDIT2: However there are vertical marks on the Acekard's gold contacts indicating that contact with the slot-1 contacts seems to have been made, so now I'm stuck again. Retail cards work fine.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't see it being a contact issue, as the error message is the same as that which you insert an Acekard into a DSi which has been updated. If it's a contact issue, the Acekard won't appear in the menu even if you boot the console with it in.

To me your best bet is to reflash the Acekard's firmware. Iif you want keep the Acekard icon use the language update otherwise use the Alex Rider update. You are obviously going to need to use another console to do that.

Some people have reported that issue on DSi's with firmware 1.2/1.3, and reflashing the firmware normally works.

DoomRavager

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thanks. In about 2-3 weeks I'll have access to a DS Lite and an R4 SDHC. I assume I'm supposed to reflash using the 1.4.1 update for DSL?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use the DSi update if the Acekard works in the DS Lite, if that doesn't work then use the DSL update. The only difference is the DSL update requires you to eject and reinsert the cart, and has the potential to brick the cart if you don't follow the onscreen instructions exactly.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Use the DSi update if the Acekard works in the DS Lite, if that doesn't work then use the DSL update. The only difference is the DSL update requires you to eject and reinsert the cart, and has the potential to brick the cart if you don't follow the onscreen instructions exactly.
Just to add on and make it clear, if the the AK2i is not detected in the DS lite, then use the DSL update on the R4SDHC and it will ask you to eject. Remove the R4 and place in the AK2i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up