AMS 1.3.0 An error has occurred help

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,
I've been using Atmosphere for ages and have now encountered an error I've never seen before. I updated to the most recent pre-release of AMS 1.3.0, the latest Hekate, latest signature patches and of course the latest fusee.bin file in the Payloads folder. I'm now on firmware 14.0.0 and can boot into the switch menu successfully however, after about 10 seconds, it crashed and I get the error seen in the attachment. It doesn't matter what I do - launch a game, do nothing, open Settings, etc. It always goes to this error after 10 or so seconds.

Any ideas? I've updated Atmosphere so many times so I know how to do it but I'm not sure what's causing this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

• 20220328_200520.jpg
    20220328_200520.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 54

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your response! I've tried downloading the latest Sys-Botbase from the URL provided and extracted the contents to my SD Card. Unfortunately, despite the latest version stating it has HOS 14.0.0 & AMS v1.3.0 support, the issue persists. Do I have any other options? or I am I forced to wait until the stable version of AMS releases? (which I don't even know if it would fix it)

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm pretty sure it's a sys-botbase issue and not an atmosphere issue. So you'll have to wait until they can get a stable release out.

If it happens even when this is your only sysmodule installed (as per the issue report), your only option is to not use it, I'm afraid. Or downgrade to 13.2.1 to continue using the previous version.

Reactions: MorningBlunt

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure it's a sys-botbase issue and not an atmosphere issue. So you'll have to wait until they can get a stable release out.

If it happens even when this is your only sysmodule installed (as per the issue report), your only option is to not use it, I'm afraid. Or downgrade to 13.2.1 to continue using the previous version.
Maybe...I've been researching this a bit more and it seems someone solved the same error message by uninstalling/removing their sys modules. I believe I put Tesla in there ages ago somewhere...maybe removing that will fix it. Problem is, it was so long ago I can't remember where on the SD card it is or how to remove it (or any other potential sys modules). Can anyone tell me where those are so I can try removing them to see if the situation changes?

Thank you!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe...I've been researching this a bit more and it seems someone solved the same error message by uninstalling/removing their sys modules. I believe I put Tesla in there ages ago somewhere...maybe removing that will fix it. Problem is, it was so long ago I can't remember where on the SD card it is or how to remove it (or any other potential sys modules). Can anyone tell me where those are so I can try removing them to see if the situation changes?

Thank you!

sysmodules are under /atmosphere/contents and you can simply rename it to contents.bak to “disable” all sysmodules. To add them back one at a time, just create a blank directory called contents and then copy the numbered folders from contents.bak to contents until you find the one that is causing you trouble.

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sysmodules are under /atmosphere/contents and you can simply rename it to contents.bak to “disable” all sysmodules. To add them back one at a time, just create a blank directory called contents and then copy the numbered folders from contents.bak to contents until you find the one that is causing you trouble.
This did it! Thanks so much! Thankfully it seems the latest version of Sys-Botbase does work, but all other folders in the Atmosphere\Contents folder were removed as you suggested. I suppose it was one of those sys-module folders that caused the issue.

I have a lot of cheat folders in there though, I know the issue is resolved but any way to some how seperate the Sys-module folders from the cheat folders in there so I can delete the sys-modules while keeping the cheat folders?

Reactions: binkinator

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This did it! Thanks so much! Thankfully it seems the latest version of Sys-Botbase does work, but all other folders in the Atmosphere\Contents folder were removed as you suggested. I suppose it was one of those sys-module folders that caused the issue.

I have a lot of cheat folders in there though, I know the issue is resolved but any way to some how seperate the Sys-module folders from the cheat folders in there so I can delete the sys-modules while keeping the cheat folders?
Browse SD card with DBI, it will identify which folders are associated with a game. Then you can delete all the others except for 430000000000000B (which is sys-botbase)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes there is, you have to go into each folder and look at their contents. Move anything over (as described above) that only contains cheats.txt.

Reactions: zxr750j

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==