AMD vs. Intel

• Total voters

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
AMD is doing very good with recent CPU, back at day when i build my 6700k with 1070, i should pick a Ryzen 7 CPU.

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YEP, Intel's chips are always overpriced and overrated, if ur goal is to build a gaming PC with a lot of video recording+editing, the Ryzen cpu has best price/performance ratio.
My personal build has a ryzen 7 1700 and a red devil rx 580, the only thing holding it back is the GPU ( a bit to loud for my liking)

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My personal build has a ryzen 7 1700 and a red devil rx 580, the only thing holding it back is the GPU ( a bit to loud for my liking)
IF WE GO BACK TO 2 years ago, tempers mighty freaking scream to u Whooot? AMD chips with Intel GPU? are u nut? nowdays it's perfectly fine Ryzen+10xx GPU, hard to admit but GTX10xx are still better than RX: quitter less energy consumption. RX580 alone 500w is far enough to keep ur room warn aduring the freezing nights of December while playing games xD

Last edited by leon315,

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF WE GO BACK TO 2 years ago, tempers mighty freaking scream to u Whooot? AMD chips with Intel GPU? are u nut? nowdays it's perfectly fine Ryzen+10xx GPU, hard to admit but GTX10xx are still better than RX: quitter less energy consumption. RX580 alone 500w is far enough to keep ur room warn aduring the freezing nights of December while playing games xD
I agree but when i got it I found it was a good option for the price i got it for :3

D

Deleted User

Amd is for the every day budget user that might stream or multitask on the side,or if your paranoid about high tempatures since amd cpu's dont get high usage while gaming.

Intel is for the power user who likes to overclock for better gaming performance.

Last edited by ,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I've got an AMD Ryzen 2700x in my current build. It's been a great CPU so far. However, it runs fair but hotter than my overclocked 4790k.. While it's not an extreme heat, and never goes above.. Say.. 70c in tests.. The idle Temps stay in the 40s. Also, I'm a little upset that my 4790k was able to trade blows in gaming against this processor. However I stream and want to record. So, the extra headroom will come in handy. (the main reason I upgraded actually) Zen 2 is right around the corner, and I won't need a new mobo to snag it. So, that's exciting.. :)

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
AMD for workstations/budget, Intel for high-end gaming/emulation.
Amd is for the every day budget user that might stream or multitask on the side,or if your paranoid about high tempatures since amd cpu's dont get high usage while gaming.

Intel is for the power user who likes to overclock for better gaming performance.
Actually, AMD right now is for everything, ESPECIALLY for overclocking since the entire Ryzen line is MEANT to be overclockable, while Intel's CPUs are often locked and if they aren't they are likely missing other key features (no RAID support even if kinda obsolete by now, recognizing only X amount of RAM sticks, etc.). Intel WAS for power users who were willing to pay 1000€ on a CPU alone, but those times ended. Now it's AMD for everything that doesn't need ridiculous power, with anything above Threadripper being HP's field, not Intel's, as HP currently has the most value-for-money entry-level superprocessors. Only problem with the Ryzens is that they get fairly hot if overclocked and still pushed to full load, but watercooling or better is enough to offset that.

D

Deleted User

I can’t decide

I’m planning to buy a ryzen but will the new one that is coming out this June-July that will be 5.0GHz be compatible with currently released motherboards (Preferably MSI brand)? And is it OK to mix AMD CPUs with Nvidia GPUs?

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AMD. Purely for the bang for buck factor. I mean, almost since the beginning the AMD top chip has always been very close to Intel's top chip in performance. Sometimes the gap widens... Every once in awhile AMD even surpasses Intel for a short period of time. Though even in those rare occasions that AMD is the winner, their top CPU is still cheaper than Intel's counterpart.

<shrug> I don't usually buy Intel for the same reason I don't buy Apple products. If I buy a Windows/Linux/etc box pre-built (I build my desktop rigs myself, this is just an example and to include the cost of putting the machine together) and then go buy a Mac for the same price; that non-Apple machine will absolutely dominate that Mac in every way.

OTOH, I tend to buy Nvidia over Radeon... So go figure.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Intel, been using their products for over a decade, haven't had a single CPU overheat or fail on me *shrug*.
You say that as if AMD CPUs overheat or fail any more often than Intel... Safety and quality checks happen for a reason, reason you see pretty much the same rate of such issues between brands.

Reactions: Pleng and Kioku

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say that as if AMD CPUs overheat or fail any more often than Intel... Safety and quality checks happen for a reason, reason you see pretty much the same rate of such issues between brands.

No, I'm just biased. I've had AMD chips on me fail a long time ago though, so I mean *shrug* it is what it is. Nothing's gonna change my favoritism for Intel I'm afraid.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Intel, been using their products for over a decade, haven't had a single CPU overheat or fail on me *shrug*.
Never had an issue on either side. A good cooler goes a long way. Right now I'm swinging AMD. Especially if the 3xxx series Ryzen chips are good enough. Got a 2700x in my System and haven't been disappointed

Reactions: ThoD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)