Hacking Amazon UK V3.00

Kerbangman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just bought a Grey Switch on Amazon UK and it has V3.00 firmware.

So if your looking for one just buy one there. Theres a good chance you'll get one on this firmware number.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if your looking for one just buy one there. Theres a good chance you'll get one on this firmware number.
That's quite the gamble. Instead, it's recommended that one buy a Switch new from a store in-person, checking the serial number with the spreadsheet before paying for it.

So far, all 3.0.1 systems have been XAW1002XXXXXXX, so avoid those like the plague, and you should hopefully be okay (for now).

Last edited by Lacius,

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought a Grey Switch on Amazon UK and it has V3.00 firmware.

How much did you pay ? Simply games have them on offer for £259 with free delivery on 3.0 also

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Please, tell us how Amazon hurt you.
It didnt hurt me, but thanks for trying.
Its hurting small retailers and gameshops all around world. Theres tons of small shops that I loved going to that shut down due to people simply ordering from Amazon because its 2-3 bucks cheaper.
I still like to support small guys instead of big corporations like Amazon.

Reactions: Frysenberg

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small indie shops are dead and no way near like it was 10 years ago and less. It's not just Amazon, it was Ebay that started killing off small shops and now the Internet in general is to blame as a whole.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its hurting small retailers and gameshops all around world. Theres tons of small shops that I loved going to that shut down due to people simply ordering from Amazon because its 2-3 bucks cheaper.

What was I trying? You said "places you loved shut down", clearly you are upset at amazon.

Amazon hasn't been the reason game shops have been closing up since early 2000's. Why go out to purchase a game, when you can just download it right to your console? Maybe you should be mad at Nintendo, Sony, MS for allowing people to buy games right from the couch.

Gamestop is hurting gaming. Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target all these other places that started doing midnight releases, pre-order bonuses, and all that other bullshit is what hurts small retailers and actual local game shops.

Polopop123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
GameStop is killing small retailers

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
True to all three of you above.

Maybe Im being nostalgic about these games shops. It is cool to have game day one on your console but then again im on of those guys who like it in their hands, sweating on the way home, checking every screenshot at the back of the ''box'' and admiring it with upmost respect like its your baby. I still remember the longest drive back home when my dad bought me a Gameboy with Metroid 2 :D

Sorry for being brontosaurus.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks ;)

Grey was out of stock ?

£279 and easy to return.....
your welcome baby!! anytime

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What was I trying? You said "places you loved shut down", clearly you are upset at amazon.

Amazon hasn't been the reason game shops have been closing up since early 2000's. Why go out to purchase a game, when you can just download it right to your console? Maybe you should be mad at Nintendo, Sony, MS for allowing people to buy games right from the couch.

Gamestop is hurting gaming. Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target all these other places that started doing midnight releases, pre-order bonuses, and all that other bullshit is what hurts small retailers and actual local game shops.
i agree with you baby,physical games get scratches,thats why people do prefer online downloads

Frysenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is cool to have game day one on your console but then again im on of those guys who like it in their hands, sweating on the way home, checking every screenshot at the back of the ''box'' and admiring it with upmost respect like its your baby. I still remember the longest drive back home when my dad bought me a Gameboy with Metroid 2

I feel you there. I'd open them up and read the manuals on the way home so that I knew the basic controls when I started playing.

Good times they were.

Reactions: fatsquirrel

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do you live that small game stores even exist?
It was over ten years ago here that GameStop bought every single game store and turned them into GameStops before shutting down half of them.
Our store choices for physically buying a switch are Walmart, Target, toys r us, best buy and GameStop.

To be fair it seems the government had the most to do with shutting down game stores with GameStop being a close second I don't think Amazon had anything to do with it.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do you live that small game stores even exist?
It was over ten years ago here that GameStop bought every single game store and turned them into GameStops before shutting down half of them.
Our store choices for physically buying a switch are Walmart, Target, toys r us, best buy and GameStop.

To be fair it seems the government had the most to do with shutting down game stores with GameStop being a close second I don't think Amazon had anything to do with it.
Small game stores do still exist. I have some friends who live an hour away by an awesome place called Grumpy Bob's Emporium. They also do lawnmower repair.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: