Amazon Prime Video with Ads

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,129
  • Replies 10
D

Deleted User

OP
This is a paid service so logically there should be no ads or at least it should be optional, but on Prime Video they kind of make it mandatory. Technically, it's "optional" as you can hit skip and then it's over, but the point is that there shouldn't be any.

Netflix doesn't have ads. Why should Amazon? If this is the route they're going then they should make it free for all customers by making it ad-supported.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you mean ads for products or services like we see on regular TV, or ads for other shows available on Prime Videos? Cause I only see the later kind, which I don't mind too much.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No adverts appear on my screen unless I allow them or they have the cunning to sneak past and not have me immediately nuke them.

Still I am not sure I am sold on the notion that paid for means no ads. I don't disapprove of such things but that is a different matter.

You also have to consider that by paying to not have ads you are the advertiser's target demographic -- that being someone with enough money to pay to avoid them. They will then inevitably try to ply the content producer with more and more money to display them and at some point a business wonk will lose their resolve, and maybe come up with a premium but not premium advert slot, at which point those that pay for premium premium will be the targets and rinse and repeat.

D

Deleted User

OP
Do you mean ads for products or services like we see on regular TV, or ads for other shows available on Prime Videos? Cause I only see the later kind, which I don't mind too much.
Yes, that. I don't care for other shows, just what I want to watch.

They could at least provide the option to turn it off if the user would wish to.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
It's the same as the BBC, they say we pay the TV license because they don't run ads, but they do run ads, just for their own stuff.
It's the same with Prime video, they are only showing you what else is available, based on your viewing history. They aren't straight up ads, just clips of other content that is available on the service.

hansi123456

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, you will only see ads for Prime Original stuff – nearly the same with Netflix Originals "ads". Instead of being showed before watching, netflix will show you this sort of ads at end of watching, mostly while credits.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think it's completely okay. They show you new shows that might interest you, you can skip the ads and you can watch everything you see in the ads for free. There are 30min ads in a cinema, too so one skippable one shouldn't be too bad.

D

Deleted User

OP
Amazon is filled with B rated movies
Why would anyone prefer Amazon over Netflix?

Well, this month I decided to go Prime because of Prime Day Deals and that Borat 2 will be released next week. But yeah, I can't say Prime Video is better than Netflix or the others.

I'd love to watch Dukes of Hazzard (it was remastered in HD) although that's not included with Prime, instead I'd have to buy/rent which seems strange as it's part of Amazon, too.

hansi123456

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, this month I decided to go Prime because of Prime Day Deals and that Borat 2 will be released next week. But yeah, I can't say Prime Video is better than Netflix or the others.

I'd love to watch Dukes of Hazzard (it was remastered in HD) although that's not included with Prime, instead I'd have to buy/rent which seems strange as it's part of Amazon, too.

Neither Amazon nor Netflix Originals are really "convincing". Yes, there a few movies worth seeing, but i would suggest: one out of one hundred productions. I'm glad to use Amazon, Netflix and Disney Plus, but mostly for new blockbusters and good old cinema-classixs (80s, 90s ... e.g. Forrest Gump or Turner & Hooch).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc