Amazon Prime users can redeem a free year of Nintendo Switch Online through Twitch

36nifRE.png

Amazon Prime offers a multitude of features and perks with its subscription, including things like video streaming, free 2 day shipping, and tons more. Since Amazon's purchase of Twitch, membership bonuses extended to the streaming service as well, allowing for users to link their account to get a free channel sub in the form of Twitch Prime. Adding onto the list freebies is something geared towards Nintendo fans, as any North American Nintendo Switch owner who has Amazon Prime and a Twitch account can now receive 12 full months of the Nintendo Switch Online service for no extra charge.

Claiming the offer will give you 3 months of Nintendo Switch Online, but once 60 days have passed, and considering that you're still an active Amazon Prime member, you'll be able to claim the rest of the year-long subscription by returning back to the website linked below. The bonus is available only until September 24, 2019, so be sure to get it before its gone. For those wondering if you can somehow work multiple free redemptions from this, the offer will only work once per Nintendo account. Any new user or current individual Nintendo Switch Online subscriber can make use of the free year, however, those with a family membership are not eligible to extend their membership using it.

*Offer only available in select countries. A Twitch Prime Account age 13+ and a Nintendo Account linked to a Nintendo Switch system are required to take advantage of this offer. The Nintendo Account User Agreement, including the Purchase and Subscription terms, apply. Please redeem the 3-month Nintendo Switch Online membership between 3/28/2019 and 9/24/2019. Active Twitch Prime account for 60 days required to claim additional 9-month Nintendo Switch Online membership at no extra cost. Please redeem the 9-month membership by 1/22/2020. Nintendo Switch Online family membership holders are not eligible for this offer. A credit card (Visa/Mastercard) or PayPal account is required for users age 18 and up. This offer can only be claimed once per each Twitch Prime and Nintendo Account.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

I have a New Zealand credit card and a Japanese Nintendo account.
Can I switch my Nintendo account region to the same one as my credit card, then change it back to Japan and still be subscribed?
My parents and I were thinking of getting Prime for Grand Tour and I haven't gotten round to subbing to Nintendo Online yet, so this would be ideal.

Also, if I switch my Nintendo account region, do I lose my eshop balance? I could just desync my Switch and 3DS eshop to keep the balance on my 3DS couldn't I?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Any way to get to the naked code? I don't want to connect my Nintendo ACC to Twitch to instantly redeem it (since I'll wait for Atmo's emuNAND lol). :D

D

Deleted User

So, apparently their marketing team is crossing databases players/buyers.:unsure:
What is interesting is that this info is worth 20€/capita. Players are relatively young people with some money and time to spare, so it may be a long term investment for mamazon.

Have fun doods, I personnally don't give a wooden nickle to online features.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, apparently their marketing team is crossing databases players/buyers.:unsure:
What is interesting is that this info is worth 20€/capita. Players are relatively young people with some money and time to spare, so it may be a long term investment for mamazon.

You can't directly say it's worth 20 €. In the end it doesn't cost Nintendo 20 € to let a few more people access their online service. :)

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country

I can think of a few reasons for this promotion.

First of all by default it's only for 3 months and you have to wait 2 months to extend it to the full year.

Second, it's a way to get people to subscribe who may not and automatic renewal is enabled by default, which may be them trying to 'trick' people into paying. May be the same for Twitch hoping to increase their subscriber count.

Thirdly, as it's done through a streaming service, they may be hoping people will play Switch games through Twitch to try and increase sales.

If any money is changing hands, it's likely no where near the full amount.

D

Deleted User

automatic renewal is enabled by default, which may be them trying to 'trick' people into paying

Dang, so true. Back in the day, I used a card to pay XBL once, then paid six months without noticing...How stupid I was :lol:

streaming service

Viral gaming ?
Clever, another parameter I didn't suspected.
Btw, watch the GG play games doesn't bother me. They must be billionaires today.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having to pay for Amazon Prime to order to redeem does not equal free. The headline should read more along the lines of: For a limited time, Amazon Prime now includes a year of Nintendo Online included with the price of their membership.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't even use Twitch, like, at all. It sounds tempting, not gonna lie but...ugh, I don't know.

They’ve been giving away free games on Twitch, so even if this is borderline for you it may be worth registering if you have prime.

Only reason I have a Twitch account.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok