1. Patapon3321

OP Patapon3321 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hello guys. Yeah Im the amateur

like in my thread before
    I said my swicth is broken and my goal is it now to fix my switch, even if I will break it more. I never did something like that before.
    I mean like soldering on a console or other electricboard-components. Or checking with the multy-meter on board. I solder a lot of leds or other small and easy electric-parts for
    arduino projects but never soldered on a PCB board that are not from me. Just replaced some buttons or screen on other consoles (PSP,DS,3DS ect....) So Im not nervous to open things up. Its a part of my hobby. I would study electrical engineering but I dont like the math behind it so is just a hobby

but comming to my real question.
    Where do I need to begin to check my switch problem

Gbatemp is my first forum that I use so Im really an amateur
    (sorry for my english)

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    Rambling threads most quit reading so TL;DR so next time get to the point and what's the problem?

gamesquest1 likes this.
  3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

yeah nobody can really help if we don't know the problem, is it a broken screen, faulty charging port, no TV output etc etc

4. Patapon3321

OP Patapon3321 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    I want to fix my switch but I dont know what is broken. Is just dont turn on.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I build a own switch dock with the orginal parts and since I tested it my switch will not turn on. I think is a IC on the mobo but whice?

Last edited by Patapon3321, Jan 24, 2020
  5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

ok well just had a look at your other thread, and yeah so no power can be caused by a few things, there is a few IC's that can cause the switch to fail, if you had access to another switch you can try charging the battery in another switch then seeing if this switch will boot with a charged battery, that would indicate its the charging chip dead, there is a thread with all the common faults and how to diagnose them I will see if I can find it for you now

6. Patapon3321

OP Patapon3321 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Would be really hopefull from you and I would really appreciate that

7. Ali90

Ali90 Newbie
    Newcomer

Oman
    high everyone,
    need some advise from the pros.
    after researching and going through a lot of posts and tutorials on how to install and flash the trinket m0 chip, I finally got brave and dove head first in to my switch guts.
    Every thing went well (joycon, gnd, D-, D+, usb disconnect). But that damn v3.3 cap got me so nervous I started sweating. Tried it 3 time and each time it get bridged with the adjacent cap. So I cleaned it off and went for another point recommended in a post I previously saw (2 tiny caps or resistors am not sure) but I managed to royally f**k both of them. Yep....I lifted both of them.
    Good news everything is working well. My question is:
    What is the significance of those being missing?
    Can I use my switch like this or I have to replace them?
    And if so, what are those so I can order them?
    Thanks guys

Attached Files:

8. bell1-1010

bell1-1010 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Look at this guy youtube channel and this video in particular:

My Mate Vince has an extremely smart and practical approach to diagnose what’s wrong with the device.

Hope this is gonna help you..

Ali90 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Amateur, Switch,