Amateur Coding Help

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by DsHacker14, Jun 17, 2009.

Jun 17, 2009

Amateur Coding Help by DsHacker14 at 11:39 PM (593 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. DsHacker14
    OP

Member DsHacker14 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ive followed the sticky on how to make basic AR Codes and i now fully understand how to make a simple code with activators. But i've been looking around game-hackers.com and saw another method called ASM. Can anyone tell me what the difference between making codes using Emucheat (or similiar program) and ASM. Also how can i start making cheats in asm? I downloaded a ASM to AR converter so converting whatever code i make on ASM to AR shouldnt be a problem. Please Reply!

2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    just google yourself what is ASM or Assembly Language

the tool is just to convert~! not MAKING!

in short i will say ASM can change how the game behave ! this is what AR can't do~!
    such as experience multiplier thats ASM code

how to make? be realistic is the answer [​IMG]
    master AR before you even think about ASM [​IMG]

3. DsHacker14
    OP

Member DsHacker14 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok. Thanks but all i need to know is how to get started. I googled asm and it doesnt really guide me in the right track :\

4. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    those who are able to understand the language doesn't need any guide [​IMG]

like i said be real.. master AR before you venture to ASM

you can always join gbatemp's cheat forum at http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=3 for posting your codes

5. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    by the way, unless u are an expert, seriously, stay the fk away from ASM, that is expert territory, and since u mentioned that u just started out learning how to make AR codes, i say, stick to AR codes first, untill u are familiar with those loops conditions,how to find item codes and etc.

Till then, i would advise u to stay away from ASM mainly because its on a totally different level and also, AR does whatever the game is allowed to do, meaning that u can use it to find items (stuff that u could do it in the game itself given time and patience) , while ASM modified the way the game reads data (if my understanding of ASM is correct), so what this means is that ASM is risky business .

Well, i hope my puny knowledge of asm and ar code is enough to give u some form of advice.