Hacking Am I using a wiikey?

kevin007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The guy who installed my chip for $70 is a freakin liar. He is not trustworthy, I finally got him to say the name of the chip and he said WiiKey and I question how reliable he is.

He said you cannot play legit games, i just loaded up my WiiSports, no problem. However I cannot load backup GC games, is there maybe a patch I have to download in order to make GC games work? Is there like an recovery mode or somthing? How can I know if my chip is WiiKey without opening the Wii? If lets say my chip is really Cyclowiz, will using a WiiKey patch / upgrade disk brick my wii?

Thanks peeps

J

Jackreyes

Well the GC problem may be your burning process,
have you tried a Wii backup?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
What doesn't work about the GC backups?
The disc is unrecognized and the wii displays the '?' error?. Or the game does show up in the disc channel (displaying the GC logo), but the game locks up after that?

kevin007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I burn the GC backups exactly the way I burn my Wii backups, using IMGburn onto a DVD -R disk (memorex)

frown.gif

From what I remember, the game doesn't even show up on the menu, is it because I don''t have a gamecube controller plugged in?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1