renbe2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

A month ago or so my Wii U was running perfectly with CBHC or whatever the hack thing is called. Sorry I did that a long time ago and don't remember everything. I know that when my Wii U booted up I could go straight into playing my games from the Hard Drive. Anyways, so about a month ago I went to update my games. It was updating Zelda BOTW and it froze. I gave it 10-15 minutes and it never progressed any further. Finally I held the power button until it shut down as I didn't know what else to try. When I went to turn it back on the blue light came on, I heard the fans/drive spinning but the gamepad said could not connect to console and there was no display on the screen. I researched for any people having similar issues and some posts had recommended leaving it on and it would possibly continue updating and then possibly work. Well... That didn't work. Some recommended leaving it off for a while so I would go 2-7 days and try it and it still never worked. Then one day I went to turn it on and this time on the gamepad it came up to asking how to boot whether the CBHC or Mocha or whatever the choices were. However it wouldn't respond to anything... So again I powered it down and since then it hasn't come back up again... I'd typically say it's dead for good but why would the menu options come up that one time if it is permanently dead...

I'm going on a hope and prayer that someone else has seen this and has any suggestions for me to try something. I really don't need another paperweight.

Thank you in advance and let me know if I can clarify anything or if you have any other troubleshooting questions.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it were a cbhc error like it not finding the game, you should get infinite loading. I'm really not sure here unless the system just kicked the bucket. I probably play the wii u more than anybody. lol and, I've had cbhc for like eight months or so, and I've never had a problem with it. my guess is that it's hardware failure on the part of the wii u and not related to cbhc.

renbe2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it were a cbhc error like it not finding the game, you should get infinite loading. I'm really not sure here unless the system just kicked the bucket. I probably play the wii u more than anybody. lol and, I've had cbhc for like eight months or so, and I've never had a problem with it. my guess is that it's hardware failure on the part of the wii u and not related to cbhc.
Okay. I have these files.. Can I use these files with the hardmod to unbrick if that is the issue?
upload_2017-9-29_22-45-38.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
couple problems. first, I think this is hardware failure, so it's not bricked in the conventional sense. second, your slc and slcmpt are the wrong size. each should be 540,672 KBs. it looks like you used the fw.img to make them which doesn't create the full image.

edit: btw, slc is what you'd want. that's the NAND of the wii u which controls coldboot hax. slcmpt is the virtual wii. and, the mlc is the internal memory where you store games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh, I forgot. I think you can redump the NAND with the otp. it should be capable of decrypting it to fix coldboot hax if that is indeed the problem.

Reactions: renbe2001

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: