Hacking Am I bricked or is it fixable?

detourne_me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My wii was a 3.3k firmware that was modded. It's worked well for about a year, but suddenly it hasn't been reading discs.
I decided it was time to use the AnyRegion Changer anyway, so I did it.
I went through the motions, following all of the instructions.

I changed it to 3.2u and also allowed anyregion changer to update it to allow korean discs, and the system hacks.
After the complete install, the program said it was complete and a success, I rebooted the system.... and got an English health & safety warning. SUCCESS!...or so I thought
after pressing A, the warning doesn't fully disappear, and the system locks up.

Am I bricked? do I need Bootmii, or another such program on my SD card?

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not sure, but one idea is to try an autoboot disc. For that you'd need a modchip installed (or to swap your drive with someone else's with a modchip on it, you can swap the normal drive back afterwards).

You could then run Hackmii Installer to install HBC and, if it's possible, Bootmii as boot2. Then you'd run AnyRegionChanger to either go back to 3.3K or, if you're able to install Bootmii, to try a newer US-region System Menu.

detourne_me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help.
I just formatted a different SD card, and loaded up ONLY the latest Bannerbomb w/ Hackmii packacge from Filetrip.
Still nothing, freezes as soon as I press A on the warning screen.

EDIT: Oh, i just re-read the bootdisk part.
Will any ISO work with Wii_BootMe? I've got a few on my PC. It probably has to be NTSC right?

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Any ISO can be made autoboot, but only discs that can somehow run homebrew will help you. Twilight Hack or Indiana Pwns require you to copy over a save which you can't so they're out. That only leaves either a trucha-signed custom disc, or NTSC Brawl with SmashStack.

Your Wii will most likely only run NTSC-U discs for the moment, unless your modchip's got a region-free option enabled.

If you don't have a DVD9 NTSC-U Brawl disc, then I'd recommend you try a custom disc. There are guides around as to how to do that, I don't remember exactly but I think it involves using Wiiscrubber to replace the dol in an ISO with the homebrew you want to run but I can't remember exactly.

Also, a warning note: don't ever install 4.2U or 4.2E or it'll be bricked permanently with "error 003".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here