Hacking Am I able to update AC, or my system?

Scytaic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a noob and this is kind of complicated so I really hope I make sense!

Backstory: I don't have a clean backup (thanks to a bad guide), I always use CFW SYNAND (again, thanks to a bad guide lol) and have never used EMUNAND or stock SYNAND. I have to use TegraRcmGUI to boot into CFW/Homebrew but have also booted the Switch normally sometimes (without injecting anything). So far the only thing I've done on CFW SYNAND is go on the Homebrew menu and use save editors. I connect to my WI-FI using the DNS method-thing so I can still use local play. I don't have a lot of space on my SD card and I'm assuming I don't have the partition (that I think people need to use EMUNAND?) I'm a huge noob when it comes to all that.

My problem: I want to play on Animal Crossing NH (physical cartridge) locally but it needs to update. I tried to update by the "match with local players" setting but for some reason I can't unless I do a system update. My hacked switch is version 9.0.1|AMS 0.9.4|s and the clean switch I want to local play with is 10.01.

My questions: How can I update to 10.01? Will it be incompatible with my CFW and/or brick my switch? Most importantly, can I update it via Nintendo services possibly? I'm not too bothered about being banned since I'm doomed anyways (although I would prefer a way that doesn't get me banned), as long as I can still play locally and update as normal. If I'm not able to update my system, is there another way to update Animal Crossing? I notice that AC updates very frequently though so I'm not sure how easy that will be.

My thoughts were, if I boot the switch normally/without injecting, is it safe to connect to the internet and update that way? And then continue as normal (injecting whenever I feel like going on Homebrew again)? But I wanted to double check here first just in case. :)

Thanks in advance, I hope I made sense lol. :)

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm a noob and this is kind of complicated so I really hope I make sense!

Backstory: I don't have a clean backup (thanks to a bad guide), I always use CFW SYNAND (again, thanks to a bad guide lol) and have never used EMUNAND or stock SYNAND. I have to use TegraRcmGUI to boot into CFW/Homebrew but have also booted the Switch normally sometimes (without injecting anything). So far the only thing I've done on CFW SYNAND is go on the Homebrew menu and use save editors. I connect to my WI-FI using the DNS method-thing so I can still use local play. I don't have a lot of space on my SD card and I'm assuming I don't have the partition (that I think people need to use EMUNAND?) I'm a huge noob when it comes to all that.

My problem: I want to play on Animal Crossing NH (physical cartridge) locally but it needs to update. I tried to update by the "match with local players" setting but for some reason I can't unless I do a system update. My hacked switch is version 9.0.1|AMS 0.9.4|s and the clean switch I want to local play with is 10.01.

My questions: How can I update to 10.01? Will it be incompatible with my CFW and/or brick my switch? Most importantly, can I update it via Nintendo services possibly? I'm not too bothered about being banned since I'm doomed anyways (although I would prefer a way that doesn't get me banned), as long as I can still play locally and update as normal. If I'm not able to update my system, is there another way to update Animal Crossing? I notice that AC updates very frequently though so I'm not sure how easy that will be.

My thoughts were, if I boot the switch normally/without injecting, is it safe to connect to the internet and update that way? And then continue as normal (injecting whenever I feel like going on Homebrew again)? But I wanted to double check here first just in case. :)

Thanks in advance, I hope I made sense lol. :)
Best would be to update Atmosphere to the newest version, from here and updating the switch afterward, either by using the local sharing, or by using the normal online updater if you want to go online with your switch.
About the Ban safety when going online, if you really only did Save editing and never installed anything, you should be relatively save, but keep in mind that there is always a low risk left, when modifying the console.

Scytaic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have any non-legit titles installed on your switch or are you only running homebrew?
Nope, just homebrew. I haven't installed anything except a couple of save editors.

Best would be to update Atmosphere to the newest version, from here and updating the switch afterward, either by using the local sharing, or by using the normal online updater if you want to go online with your switch.
About the Ban safety when going online, if you really only did Save editing and never installed anything, you should be relatively save, but keep in mind that there is always a low risk left, when modifying the console.

Thank you, I'll do that! I just have a couple of save editors and nothing else, it's the only thing I use homebrew/CFW for. :)

Edit: So I've updated the system to 10.01 and updated Atmosphere too. But now after I inject hetake (which I updated to the latest version), even though it says it's sucessful, the screen stays black.

Last edited by Scytaic,

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
Edit: So I've updated the system to 10.01 and updated Atmosphere too. But now after I inject hetake (which I updated to the latest version), even though it says it's sucessful, the screen stays black.
Strange. Try injecting a payload with no SD inserted. You'll usually get at least an error message that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol