Alternative to iTunes?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks. I've used winamp in the past, but I haven't for years. I liked the little fire to the beat of sound. I remember that at least, but does it show artwork now? I think I might have to run the stuff through musicbrainz picard, which I've done in the past, but it couldn't find several things (mostly things that were incomplete albums). not sure how they became incomplete, but I do have them.

gdavies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
haven't used it for a while but i do remember using artwork in the past, It just sprung to mind when you asked for an alternative to itunes, and I had to see if it was still around and it is. I am going to revisit winamp myself to be honest now I think of it.

Well just installed it an it still says the phrase "winamp it really kicks the llamas ass" Bit of a flashback to nostalgia just with that sentence haha

Last edited by gdavies,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, guys. I'll use the default music player for the time being, since I need to fix up my mp3 collection. it's a disaster with duplicates, missing songs and artwork, out of order track listings, etc. I've tried music brainz picard, and it fixed a lot of it, but I think the incomplete albums are throwing it off from finding a match. I have no idea how this happened. I'll need to set a day to go through my whole music collection and fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol