Alternative to iTunes?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a good, free alternative to iTunes? I'd like one that can sort music as well as download album covers, maybe even allow you to mess with the metadata.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are cracked Spotify apps also that are free and have zero ads with unlimited listens to whatever songs you want (android)

The vanilla Spotify unpaid version has ads between songs and you can't listen to any song you want

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are cracked Spotify apps also that are free and have zero ads with unlimited listens to whatever songs you want (android)

The vanilla Spotify unpaid version has ads between songs and you can't listen to any song you want
is this to mp3s or streamed?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this to mp3s or streamed?
Streaming unfortunately

But if you have unlimited data or only listen at home what does it matter

If you listen out of the house and don't have unlimited data it's not the best option

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YouTube Music with an ad-blocker and you'll get the same experience as paid users do... Ad -free! :)

Youtube Music is also a thing. You can get a cracked version that removes the ads.
Vanced Manager which still works and I still use it to this very day. YouTube Music is my favorite music streaming service and it's free of charge.

I also have Spotify "Vanced" installed, but I rarely use that.

Reactions: AncientBoi

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have an ipod/iphone/ipad? If so you have to consider local backups and syncing if you use the default music app.

Usually I see Foobar2000 recommended, but I don't use that myself so I don't know if it would be a suitable replacement.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To listen to radio, I typically use Simple Radio (paid for the ad-free version as I've been using it for years) on Android and TapinRadio on Windows.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a good, free alternative to iTunes? I'd like one that can sort music as well as download album covers, maybe even allow you to mess with the metadata.

As others have said, use MusicBrainz Picard for getting track metadata, it is by far the best solution. It will embed all of the metadata into the music file itself, so that it will show up correctly no matter what device and playback software you end up deciding to use later.

For playback, it's entirely up to you and there are so many options out there. Personally, I just use VLC because it will play pretty much any format, and because I already have it installed for video playback. If you're used to the iTunes spreadsheet approach to music, you should be right at home in VLC as well.

gdavies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Winamp
good old media player classic
both support quite a few plugins or themes

To be honest Winamp always reminded me of having a stacking system stereo as you could put the player, with an equalizer below and playlist below that with visualizer below that, the themes really made it a good choice too, its been around for a long time too

Last edited by gdavies,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol