Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all,

I just received a Wii on Sunday, and have just completed modding the Wii using this guide (xzxero's guide): http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

I followed the guide to a T.

First of all, I can't boot games from the DVD Drive. I'm using NeoGamma R7 and I get the 1101 error. Reading around it appears that error represents bad media, I have tried a number of media and a number of different burning speeds. Still no luck.

I am however able to boot from a USB drive. So, that's nice.

Also, I notice the Wii remote cursor is very jumpy. I have configured it and it still appears to be quite jumpy.

My Wii system also looks up quite frequently. Often when entering different channels on the Wii menu and especially when I'm looking around on the Wii Settings menu.

Is there anything the softmod may have done to cause those two errors above?

flusflus89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From my experience, I can tell that the cursos jumpy thing has nithing to do with the modding. Have you calibrated? I often happens when a) the wiimote is too close to the sensor bar, and 2) when using bad rechargeable batteries in the wiimote.
About the lock ups, you need to be more especific. Like, if you have the hackmii installer in your sd card it will lock up anytime you try to access the sd card from the menu, so you need to be a tad more specific.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they're are wii dvd drives that cant read DVD media with softmods.
i have seen a couple of these before.
you have to go with USB loading.

jumpy?
if its your first time using a wii, youll get used to it, it has nothing to do with the guide.

tazz212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OK

I have renamed the BootMii folder and it is still on the memory card (that should take care of the hackmii issue)

It appears that the Wii always locks up on me when I go to the Wii settings to try and calibrate my remote.

I'm currently running Preloader, and the settings are set to use my IOS 249 to boot the system menu...Is that necessary?

If I follow the guide and change my system menu in Preloader to either IOS 30 or 60 I get the Wii System menu is corrupted garbled message.

As for the disc error, I've read that too...Is there anything that can't be booted from a HDD?

tazz212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, and the jumpy cursor is very jumpy. I've used a Wii before and never seen it act like this.

If I manage to get into the calibration settings...It doesn't calibrate...No matter what setting I can't get the lights to line up.

It's the same with both of my remotes, regardless of whether the Motion Plus is installed or not...

Very strange I say...Very strange.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what firmware are you running? 4.1 or 4.2

Preloader for 4.1 needs to be set to ios60 and for 4.2 needs to be set to 70

Thats probably whats locking up your wii settings page.The system menu runs off a certain ios file and if your making it run off of 249 all the time then some things will not work period.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
Owwww i hate when my pointer goes all ape shit 2 dude! its the worst in a shooter game like red steel 1
AnimatedWaitAMinuteSmiley.gif

to fix your cursor from being jumpy go to wiisettings...sensorbar....sensitivity...Click OK...Click OK one more time...Here you will see diamond shape box with a number from 1 to 5...Point the wiimote at the screen and press plus or minus to change the level of sensitivity ( I use 3 its the default level)

Hope that fixes that also to sync in the wiimote manuelly press the red button by your sd slot and the red button on the wiimote by the battery in the back...Hold both for about 5 seconds tops and then release and they will sync up...you can also sync up in the wiimenu by pressing the homebutton and clicking on the wiimote..

tazz212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OK, I think that may have been my problem.

I got confused at the DOP part...From your tutorial.

3] Run Dop-IOS MOD
Choose IOS249 and press A.
Press right until you see IOS60.
Press - to select then press yes to install and Sig Hash Check.
Press right until you see IOS61.
Press A to select then press yes to install and no for Sig Hash Check.
Press home to return to HBC.

When I boot up DOP-IOS I get a selection in front of me...

When I select IOS249, I don't get the option of pressing right until I see IOS60.

If I press the B button to back out, I get a menu that has a number of selections that I can make, and there it seems that I have control over the IOS I select.

So, when I first boot, do I select IOS249 or IOS60.

Thanks

tazz212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The first message I get is...

Which IOS would you like to use to install other IOss?
IOS: 60

I can only select various IOS here...Is this where I select IOS249?

tazz212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, done and done...

However, and this may be my problem

The DOP program starts, but then quits and kicks me out.

I can read that it says something about my sig hatch check being BAD.

That's when I try to install to IOS60

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.