Already got my OTPs now what? (Yaaaay)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by YharnamBadass, Mar 22, 2016.

1. YharnamBadass
    OP

YharnamBadass GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Ecuador
    So I took a deep breath and did everything on my new 3ds xl, already got my otps, didn't use the validate feature (cuz it wasn't on the guide plailect, but I did verify their size and it's 256 bytes and 264 bytes) and restored my nands. I wanna install arm9loaderhax now.

But thing is, I see in a video a guy uses a web page to compile using the otp file, then uses a installer that takes a lot of time (He flashes his emunand into sysnand too!)

But, in plailect's guide, that web page is not used, but a bunch of other files, and it is said that this method is flash quick in the guide itself.

I wanna know if I just follow the guide and not use the web page, or go with the web page and slow installer.

Also injecting CTRNAND into sysnand provides my sysnand with everything my emunand had plus eshop access? is this dangerous? (I guess at that point of the guide I'd already have arm9loaderhax installed and can recover regardless but I wanna know)

2. Just Passing By

Just Passing By GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Go with the guide. Only the safer stuff get put in there, so you're better off with that. The old Web browser way is simpler since you drag and drop, but safety comes first imo.
    I'm not sure about your second question though, but whatever happens you won't brick, so don't worry.

3. YharnamBadass
    OP

YharnamBadass GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Ecuador
    alright so I installed arm9loaderhax with the safeinstaller but once I rebooted, i was still booting through menuhax! does this mean it didn't get installed? what do I do now!

It doesn't boot without the sd card so I think it did install, what do I do now, uninstall menuhax?

Edit:

Well I'll be damned! it was just that! I uninstalled menuhax and it instantly booted sysnand with custom firmware, I know because It shows fbi, bbm, and all my gba games!!. Amazing! Thanks man for the heads up man!.

Last edited by YharnamBadass, Mar 22, 2016
    Just Passing By likes this.
  4. exangel

exangel executioner angel

Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    you can remove menuhax by changing the theme i believe.